Thread: Taxis & Remis Services

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Absolutely use Uber

I have been here for a month and only use Uber. I have never had any problems. They are half the price of a taxi. I probably take 6 a day or so and have never had problem . Two are three of them have asked me to ride in the front , but I'm happy to say my hundred plus rides have been great and average about 3 USD. I think it's the only way to travel. I respect TL as a friend and he knows a lot about this city but I disagree on this one . If you don't use Uber you will absolutely get ripped off. Most of the Uber drivers have other jobs and are interesting people to talk to.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NewOrleans For This Post:

Not Worth The Consequences

Quote Originally Posted by Shamester  [View Original Post]
    How well does uber work in Buenos Aires and other areas?
    If anyone realizes that you are riding in an Uber driven vehicle it is very likely that your vehicle will be surrounded and every window will be destroyed and the driver may actually get Lynched right before your eyes .

That is about how bad It can get .

Uber is outlawed in Argentina and the Taxi drivers are extremely territorial but If you are lacking excitement in your life it may be worth a shot or bullet .

TL.

Uber

How well does uber work in Buenos Aires and other areas?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBossMan  [View Original Post]
    I strongly recommend Silverstar limousine service.
    Thanks again to all of you who have taken advantage of our chauffered car services here, and the kind words. Makes all the hard work worth it when we get feedback like that.

Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBossMan  [View Original Post]
    Not cheap but absolutely no drama or hiccups.

If you want a stress free experience to the airport

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Big Boss Man For This Post:

Premium Radio Taxi 5238-0000

If you are taking chicas out of clubs late at night, I found out it is easist to order the taxi directly rather than try to flag a taxi down on the street when you are sending the chica home or back to the club. It is safer and the chica will appreciate it. I have had an incident where a group of young people passed by and the group called my chica a puta. Sometimes there are drunken groups of young men wandering the streets. Ordering a taxi avoids all these unfortunate incidents and potential conflicts.

http://taxipremium.com/

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Big Boss Man For This Post:

Taxis EZE

A friend just arrived from the USA and was quoted $40.00 USD by the Taxis EZE desk at the airport. He did not have any pesos, so he did not ask for a peso quote. He took the Manuel Tienda Leon bus for $110.00 ARS on his credit card and a taxi from the bus terminal to his hotel for $10.00 USD. He got ripped off by the taxi because his hotel was close to the bus terminal, but it was still cheaper than Taxis EZE.

Tres3.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tres3 For This Post:

Taxi Increase

If it has not happened yet, it appears to be happening soon. 15% rather than 21% quoted.

http://www.argentinaindependent.com/...-8th-may-2014/

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Easy Go For This Post:

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    Try the Manuel Leon (or something like that) bus, It will pick you up down town and go to the airport. Or go to one of their "stations" and get a non stop. I know they have one across the plaza from retiro. Last year they were only 55 pesos. Nice bus, air, heat, not too bad.
    Well, I would like to know from locals. If that's true that there is a 21% Taxi rate increase...

Because it's going to affect any ride. Not only airports etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe23  [View Original Post]
    I have limited knowledge on printing costs here, but my assumption is "Both. Gringo pricing x Inefficiency.".
    If you have ever bought a book that has been printed here you notice they are also using a lower quality paper and the pictures or photos are grainy. At least compared to books printed in the US or the UK. Plus they are quite expensive when considering what the average Argie earns.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurty  [View Original Post]
    Hello,

I've been quoted by a cab (that I used before) 350 pesos for an EZE to Microcentro cab ride for June 12.

He told me the reason for this big increase is inflation, and Taxi Rate increase by 21% on June 1st.

Is he correct?

Good price? Or should I negotiate him down or take another one?
    Try the Manuel Leon (or something like that) bus, It will pick you up down town and go to the airport. Or go to one of their "stations" and get a non stop. I know they have one across the plaza from retiro. Last year they were only 55 pesos. Nice bus, air, heat, not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by DonB  [View Original Post]
    Another case of screw the gringo or are the publishers in Argentina that inefficient?

Don B.
    I have limited knowledge on printing costs here, but my assumption is "Both. Gringo pricing x Inefficiency.".

Taxi Rate increase by 21% on June 1st?

Hello,

I've been quoted by a cab (that I used before) 350 pesos for an EZE to Microcentro cab ride for June 12.

He told me the reason for this big increase is inflation, and Taxi Rate increase by 21% on June 1st.

Is he correct?

Good price? Or should I negotiate him down or take another one?

Gringo pricing

Quote Originally Posted by WildWalleye  [View Original Post]
    This subject should probably have its own thread.

When in Argentina, one should always keep in mind that "fleecing the gringo" is in their DNA. It isn't that they 'want' to do it, they have to do it. Most of the corporate, upper-crusty folks that I know in Argentina try to discourage Americans from doing business in Argentina. It isn't that they don't want foreign investment, it is more that they don't want another gringo to get fleeced and go home and tell the world about it and perpetuate the stereotype (which is based upon some truisms).
    I have two Argentine numismatic books in progress. It is too costly to print in the US and ship to Argentina, 20 USD per book.

I got a price from a publisher in Rosario, his price per book with a run of 200 was twice the price in the US. Further the US price was for on demand printing.
    Another case of screw the gringo or are the publishers in Argentina that inefficient?

Don B.

Posting Limitations