Thread: Taxis & Remis Services

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Uber

Be very careful with Uber. The BA taxi drivers have a very strong union, and do not like Uber encroaching on their turf. Uber drivers have been attacked and beaten. I do not know if the passengers are left alone, or they just wait until an Uber driver is alone. The police are of no use. They just look the other way.

Tres3.

Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleans  [View Original Post]
    Also most people in Argentina don't use Uber because you have to have a foreign credit card. So it is basically just foreigners using it. I feel bad for the locals. I started coming years ago and the taxi drivers have a switch or something and a lot of time keep clicking it and raise the fair so it will be some crazy number. I used to just get out when I say that and say I'm not paying . Same thing happens in a lot of countries. The girls I know love it and ask me if I can send a Uber. The drivers are usually fairly intelligent and speak English. A lot have wantted to practice their English with me and we have even gone to get beers. I'm pretty sure you won't have a problem . I don't know if you can take it from EZE but you can from the other airport AEP. I have also taken it to EZE and AEP.
    I took Uber about 30-40 times over the last two weeks. I did not come across a single driver that could speak English, so maybe there has been total turnover since you posted this a year ago. Most of the drivers were younger or middle-aged guys, and I always rode in the front seat. You definitely get to ride in nicer cars than the taxis and the prices seem to be better. A trip that might cost 200 pesos in a taxi may only be 120-140 pesos with Uber. Price varies with how many Uber cars are available near by.

Also, Argentines are able to use Uber without credit cards. A girl I was banging, showed me on her phone the Uber app, and she had the option of paying with "tarjeta" or "efectivo". Us foreigners do not have the "efectivo" option. I guess if they want to pay cash, they just pay the estimate that Uber comes up with. I noticed sometimes I'd get dropped by a driver or two on the app before getting picked up. I think some of the drivers actually prefer cash paying customers, since it supposedly takes around ten days for Uber to pay out trips paid by credit card. At least that is what one driver told me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead  [View Original Post]
    You could also take the Tienda Len bus, which runs every half hour and costs 240 pesos.

http://www.tiendaleon.com/resultados/busqueda/bus/
    This outfit gives good service. I have used them several times without any problems.

You could also take the Tienda León bus, which runs every half hour and costs 240 pesos.

http://www.tiendaleon.com/resultados/busqueda/bus/

Quote Originally Posted by Romeonewman  [View Original Post]
    Can I use Uber from EZE to Microcentro? I haven't been in BsAs for a few years, but I use Uber in the States all the time. Thanks.
    There are no designated areas at the airports for Uber to pickup like you see at many airports in the US, Brazil, Australia, etc. You may still be able to arrange it if you can get to an area away from the taxis. I just looked at the app and was quoted 356 pesos from EZE to Microcentro. Taking an Uber back to the airport should be no problem.

Airport Transfer

Can I use Uber from EZE to Microcentro? I haven't been in BsAs for a few years, but I use Uber in the States all the time. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponelover  [View Original Post]
    Do Taxis generally accept payment by credit card?
    That would be a no.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dickhead For This Post:

Taxi & Uber

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin  [View Original Post]
    Regarding Uber: Uber is okay if you are with a certain zone,.e.g., Recoleta, Bario Norte or MicroCentro. If you are outside of these areas Uber will charge an extra fee 1.3 to 1.9 more. The fee mid-morning from San Telmo to EZE, a 35 minute drive, was double a taxi and from Belgrano to San Telmo 30-40% more regardless of time of day. However, if you are in any of the zones listed above and traveling within those zones Uber is cheaper than a taxi. Before you hit the request an Uber ride, check the estimated fare.
    Thanks for that info. Paladin. Been quite a few years since I was in BA but will be visiting soon. Obviously Uber is paid via CC. Do Taxis generally accept payment by credit card?

Thanks,

Regarding Uber: Uber is okay if you are with a certain zone,.e.g., Recoleta, Bario Norte or MicroCentro. If you are outside of these areas Uber will charge an extra fee 1.3 to 1.9 more. The fee mid-morning from San Telmo to EZE, a 35 minute drive, was double a taxi and from Belgrano to San Telmo 30-40% more regardless of time of day. However, if you are in any of the zones listed above and traveling within those zones Uber is cheaper than a taxi. Before you hit the request an Uber ride, check the estimated fare.

Quote Originally Posted by AllIWantIsLove  [View Original Post]
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/210460...long-to-music/

But Uber driver or not those tits look familiar. Can anyone identify them? One of the independent girls here?
    It looks like Emerson to me.

Please tell me that this is an Uber driver!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/210460...long-to-music/

But Uber driver or not those tits look familiar. Can anyone identify them? One of the independent girls here?

I have been here for a month and only use Uber. I have never had any problems. They are half the price of a taxi. I probably take 6 a day or so and have never had problem . Two are three of them have asked me to ride in the front , but I'm happy to say my hundred plus rides have been great and average about 3 USD. I think it's the only way to travel. I respect TL as a friend and he knows a lot about this city but I disagree on this one . If you don't use Uber you will absolutely get ripped off. Most of the Uber drivers have other jobs and are interesting people to talk to.
    I agree Uber was great there last month. Sorry to hear they are thinking of shutting them down. Cabs in town are okay but Uber is cheaper and Uber is a real bargain for rides to outlying zones and to Grand BA (200pesos got me a 25 minute ride on the highway from microcenter including tolls). Uber drivers seem a lot like Uber drivers in the states, just looking to make an living.

Yet it's not Blocked and you can still use it.

A city judge ordered that Uber be blocked today. Prosecutors also requested that the executive be taken into custody . The judge refused to take them into custody and new at the time he issued his order that it was ineffective and would have to be heard by a higher court because he only has the ability to make local decisions and not national decisions. So the site is up and running and it will be a while before a higher court can make a decision to eliminate it for the entire country. The judge was just playing politics because if he really wanted it shut down he would have taken the executives in custody which he could have done since they are in the city. He is doing what politicians everywhere do. Pander to the poor while allowing corporations to continue making money.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to NewOrleans For This Post:

Uber Blocked

Also most people in Argentina don't use Uber because you have to have a foreign credit card. So it is basically just foreigners using it. I feel bad for the locals. I started coming years ago and the taxi drivers have a switch or something and a lot of time keep clicking it and raise the fair so it will be some crazy number. I used to just get out when I say that and say I'm not paying . Same thing happens in a lot of countries. The girls I know love it and ask me if I can send a Uber. The drivers are usually fairly intelligent and speak English. A lot have wantted to practice their English with me and we have even gone to get beers. I'm pretty sure you won't have a problem . I don't know if you can take it from EZE but you can from the other airport AEP. I have also taken it to EZE and AEP.
    Argentine Judge just ordered Uber blocked but has not ordered the arrest of the companys´s management yet.

Latest news.

TL.

Use Uber in Ba

18. The Following User Says Thank You to NewOrleans For This Post:

Posting Limitations