This blog is moderated by Admin

RIA Money transfer

I have always told my non mongering friends what a great source of information ISG is about the places I have lived (Costa Rica, Medellin, Puerto Vallarta, Sosua). I must say that my last inquiry brought out the worst in the membership, meaning people with opinions and no information. Not one person had the brains to suggest the method of dollar transfer that would work despite all the expert experience of the commentators. Not one person (except those that sent private messages) really cared to help me. They really only cared to blah blah blah which is a reflection of a their need to generally get a life. So thanks for nothing. I will think of you next time I eat a bag of peanuts.

Last words

Really; this would be the list of comments from the peanut butter people that tried to help you but you wouldn't listen because you knew better. Like I said, continued arrogance after being proven embarrassingly wrong. Its almost as if you have some kind of restrictive turrets syndrome, which compels you to vomit incorrect nearly delusional statements portrayed as fact. Four different guys offered you specific information on other ways to do what you wanted to do or why they didn't think what you were proposing would work and now you're saying none of us "geniuses" offered either help how it could be done or an explanation of why it couldn't, when on this very page there are guys posting exactly that.

They have a name for guys like you. Trolls. Do you by chance have a large collection of sexual aides meant to be used on females? Just wondering because you remind me of somebody who does.

In any event, these are my last words on the subject, we all know you were wrong, do whatever you gotta do to feel better about that.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMorgan  [View Original Post]
    Not a single genius ever mentioned once that the money transfer COULD be done and how it could be done....not a person explained why it could not be done as I proposed initially. Not one peanut from the gallery picked up the phone to directly confirm anything.(a couple of guys did have constructive comments which were all by private message) It seems like so many are so bored and useless as to just give opinions bases on their expertise. But it doesn't take any brains to just live there.

Most of the commentators wouldn't even quality to be peanut butter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Member#3320  [View Original Post]
    If you could find a person of trust in BA. You could transfer US$ in their account in US or Europe and they can give you us$ cash in in BA. Thats really the best way to go. A win win for everyone.

This will work with rich locals or expats who may have lot of US$ in real estate business from collected rent in us$.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    My bank in New York claims they will transfer my money in dollars for pick up at Banco Frances here in Argentina. A few years ago this was possible. But today its not. They just laugh at you and pay you in pesos at the Gov't rate. I don't see how they can do otherwise without having the Gov't all over their a$$!
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    Maybe they will and if they do please post, like Gandolf I just don't think they will regardless of what their site says. However I have no personal experience so maybe they are far enough off the radar that for a time they will.

Now if you deal with a private bank thing like TL is saying, they absolutely will. They do that because it allows them an easy way to get black money out of the country, have somebody else pay for it, and make a little profit on the exchange.
    Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    I'll give it a shot since I live here and it's no big deal .

But if you Really need to do a little Private Banking just send me a PM .

Bank to Bank.

Pick-up in Micro-Centro.

In Dollars or Pesos .

Fuck the Radar !

What Radar ?

TL.

RIA money and Daddy Rutz

Oh my...continued incomplete or inaccurate comments and info from the peanut gallery. Not a single genius ever mentioned once that the money transfer COULD be done and how it could be done....not a person explained why it could not be done as I proposed initially. Not one peanut from the gallery picked up the phone to directly confirm anything.(a couple of guys did have constructive comments which were all by private message) It seems like so many are so bored and useless as to just give opinions bases on their expertise. But it doesn't take any brains to just live there.

Most of the commentators wouldn't even quality to be peanut butter.

Seriously?

Well, it took a couple of phone calls but I now know how it works with RIA. I appreciate that information is not always very complete. RIA's website is not complete and their inoffice information is not complete either. I did talk to Argenper in Buenos Aires twice and talked with a very lovely person who spoke Spanish very slowly, bless her.

No dollar delivery to foreigners. What constitutes a 'foreigner' I don't know and really don't care because I am a foreigner!

An Argentinian can receive dollars, not problem. Whew!

So, nice to have trustworthy friends, actually, a smart friend who wants your dollars every month.

So now it is time for the peanut gallery to chime in about how it is impossible to have a trustworthy friend in Argentina blah blah blah. Have at it.
    So those of us who live here and spotted the flaw in this site immediately and tried to help you who were then proven to be correct (we generally are because we live here and deal with this stuff all the time) are now the peanut gallery? You will do well here, your continued arrogance after bloviating with incomplete and inaccurate information and being proven so utterly, almost embarrassingly wrong is a very Argentine quality.

I have many Argentine friends that I trust implicitly, some more so than my actual blood family.

I think Diogenes is still wandering around the Pampas somewhere. Maybe you two can hook up.

RIA money transfer

Well, it took a couple of phone calls but I now know how it works with RIA. I appreciate that information is not always very complete. RIA's website is not complete and their inoffice information is not complete either. I did talk to Argenper in Buenos Aires twice and talked with a very lovely person who spoke Spanish very slowly, bless her.

No dollar delivery to foreigners. What constitutes a 'foreigner' I don't know and really don't care because I am a foreigner!

An Argentinian can receive dollars, not problem. Whew!

So, nice to have trustworthy friends, actually, a smart friend who wants your dollars every month.

So now it is time for the peanut gallery to chime in about how it is impossible to have a trustworthy friend in Argentina blah blah blah. Have at it.

"Thanks for the lecture. "Us" dummies have to learn how to survive down here.".

It is discouraging to think that there is more than one. As far as learning you should start with the word rank. I'm out'a here. The company ain't so hot.
    If you could find a person of trust in BA. You could transfer US$ in their account in US or Europe and they can give you us$ cash in in BA. Thats really the best way to go. A win win for everyone.

This will work with rich locals or expats who may have lot of US$ in real estate business from collected rent in us$.

It is discouraging to think that there is more than one. As far as learning you should start with the word rank. I'm out'a here. The company ain't so hot.
    We, or at least I was just trying to let you know that Argentina is different and is no longer a "open democracy" (please no lectures, I just could not think of a better label at the moment). Your options are limited. If the current gobermint could get away with it they would make ALL currency that is not issued here illegal. There are ways to transfer funds , but its all under the table and its not cheap.

Ria

Really, the best part of this whole investigation is getting to know a few of you, not all, but a few. Hope I can meet you all some day soon(maybe February 1st or so) My girl, who I am bringing, will attend the University in Cordoba, at least to start. You know, she studies, I stay home and wash the clothes. I can't wait to see her in her nurses uniform. Hey, come for dinner and maybe she will wear it for all! Imagine Hally Berry in a nurses uniform,etc etc. Pura Vida.

(Again, go to one of the RIA pickup locations and ASK what the situation is(NOT A BANK) Otherwise no opinions please, no what you think is the situation is. Just the facts(per Joe Friday).
    Thanks for the lecture. Us dummies have to learn how to survive down here.

Seeing another Dominican dressed as a nurse is something we can all look forward to!

Can we bring our dirty laundry in lieu of a bottle of wine? Just to make you feel at home. I assume you iron as well. No starch for my jeans.

Really, the best part of this whole investigation is getting to know a few of you, not all, but a few. Hope I can meet you all some day soon(maybe February 1st or so) My girl, who I am bringing, will attend the University in Cordoba, at least to start. You know, she studies, I stay home and wash the clothes. I can't wait to see her in her nurses uniform. Hey, come for dinner and maybe she will wear it for all! Imagine Hally Berry in a nurses uniform,etc etc. Pura Vida.

(Again, go to one of the RIA pickup locations and ASK what the situation is(NOT A BANK) Otherwise no opinions please, no what you think is the situation is. Just the facts(per Joe Friday).
    Lets put this another way. Who, here in Argentina, has done this??? I have not seen anyone come forward and say that they were able to to complete a dollar transaction here in Argentina!

RIA money transfer

Really, the best part of this whole investigation is getting to know a few of you, not all, but a few. Hope I can meet you all some day soon (maybe February 1st or so) My girl, who I am bringing, will attend the University in Cordoba, at least to start. You know, she studies, I stay home and wash the clothes. I can't wait to see her in her nurses uniform. Hey, come for dinner and maybe she will wear it for all! Imagine Hally Berry in a nurses uniform,etc etc. Pura Vida.

(Again, go to one of the RIA pickup locations and ASK what the situation is (NOT A BANK) Otherwise no opinions please, no what you think is the situation is. Just the facts(per Joe Friday).

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PirateMorgan For This Post:

My bank in New York claims they will transfer my money in dollars for pick up at Banco Frances here in Argentina. A few years ago this was possible. But today its not. They just laugh at you and pay you in pesos at the Gov't rate. I don't see how they can do otherwise without having the Gov't all over their a$$!

I think it's because we are jaded

Well I guess that settles it. Seems that everyone knows that they will give you pesos and not dollars despite the company's advertising. It is good to know that many have actually tried it.
    Maybe they will and if they do please post, like Gandolf I just don't think they will regardless of what their site says. However I have no personal experience so maybe they are far enough off the radar that for a time they will.

Now if you deal with a private bank thing like TL is saying, they absolutely will. They do that because it allows them an easy way to get black money out of the country, have somebody else pay for it, and make a little profit on the exchange.

Private Banking

Well I guess that settles it. Seems that everyone knows that they will give you pesos and not dollars despite the company's advertising. It is good to know that many have actually tried it.
    I'll give it a shot since I live here and it's no big deal .

But if you Really need to do a little Private Banking just send me a PM .

Bank to Bank.

Pick-up in Micro-Centro.

In Dollars or Pesos .

Fuck the Radar !

What Radar ?

TL.

Posting Limitations