Thread: Welcome to the POLICE STATE!

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
This blog is moderated by Seismo
    Quote Originally Posted by Seismo  [View Original Post]
    On a lighter note, the supermarkets are required to report anyone buying over 1000 pesos worth of food at once to the tax authorities.
    As far as I understand, this is not what the news was about:

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...wdu8O1ssoAM9ow

Original: http://www.cronista.com/economiapoli...0807-0099.html

It was an old law of 1998 (Menem's administration) that needs to be updated due to the fact that 1. 000 $ does not represent an important figure today, and the news focuses on that. Some newspapers like Clarin and La Nacion probably presented the news in a different way, but if one wants to be fairly objective, ona has to take note that those two newspapers are on a declared war on this government because their owners (Hector Magnetto and Bartolome Mitre) are being brought to justice for the Papel Prensa affaire on 1976, a case opened by general attorney Molinas in 1986 that remained dormant from 1989 until 2003. They face charges for crimes against humanity that could bring them to prison.

Welcome to the POLICE STATE!

On my plane ride down here I was not given the usual entry forms. The new system is entirely paperless.

I approached the immigration window and gave my passport. I was told to look into what seemed to be a webcam circa 1993.

They scanned in my passport, took my photo, entered it into the face recognition software database. Then I had to stick my thumb into another scanner for a digital fingerprint. No telling what this info will be used for and who it will be shared with. Or how easy will it be to hack into.

On a lighter note, the supermarkets are required to report anyone buying over 1000 pesos worth of food at once to the tax authorities.

Posting Limitations