Thread: Tourist Visa Information

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Valid?

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    You cannot do that anymore. I suggest you do it right now. You can go to the web site and do it. If you don't do it you will not be able to board when you go to the airport.
    From the thread I get the impression this is now required every time you enter, not valid for ten years.

Don B.

You are correct

You cannot do that anymore. I suggest you do it right now. You can go to the web site and do it. If you don't do it you will not be able to board when you go to the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTravel69  [View Original Post]
    It is a tourist and business travelers reciprocity fee stamp. It costs $160.

Mine looks like this.

My question is can you get these at the airport when you land?

As I did in 2010.

It looks like you can not do that anymore.

http://travel.state.gov/content/pass...argentina.html

Not a Visa?

It is a tourist and business travelers reciprocity fee stamp. It costs $160.

Mine looks like this.

My question is can you get these at the airport when you land?

As I did in 2010.

It looks like you can not do that anymore.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Reciprocity Fee Card 001.jpg‎  

DNI Freebie

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead  [View Original Post]
    US citizens do not need a "visa" per se for stays of 90 days or fewer but they still need to pay the fucking $160. Clear now?
    I f you possess an Argentine DNI you are exempt from this fee.

Present at check in to get waiver.

Jackpot.

US citizens do not need a "visa" per se for stays of 90 days or fewer but they still need to pay the fucking $160. Clear now?

Reapting what the link says

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy2  [View Original Post]
    A valid passport is required for USA Citizens to enter Argentina. USA Citizens do not need a visa for visits of up to 90 days for tourism or business. Argentine law requires that, prior to arrival in Argentina at any entry point, USA Citizen tourist and business travelers pay a $160 reciprocity fee by credit card online at the Provincia Pagos website. Once paid, travelers must print out the receipt and present it to the Argentine immigration officer at the time of entry. The fee is valid for ten years from the date of payment and multiple entries. It is advisable to keep multiple copies of the receipt, as it must be presented every time you enter Argentina. The fee applies only to bearers of tourist passports. Travelers bearing diplomatic or official passports are required to get visas prior to arrival in Argentina but are not charged the reciprocity fee, nor are travelers transiting and not entering Argentina.
    Ah, that's why I put the link. It says what you repeated.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifeisgoodok  [View Original Post]
    USD $160.00 Visa is only for travel over 90 days.

There is no visa required. It is a reciprocity fee.

A valid passport is required for USA Citizens to enter Argentina. USA Citizens do not need a visa for visits of up to 90 days for tourism or business. Argentine law requires that, prior to arrival in Argentina at any entry point, USA Citizen tourist and business travelers pay a $160 reciprocity fee by credit card online at the Provincia Pagos website. Once paid, travelers must print out the receipt and present it to the Argentine immigration officer at the time of entry. The fee is valid for ten years from the date of payment and multiple entries. It is advisable to keep multiple copies of the receipt, as it must be presented every time you enter Argentina. The fee applies only to bearers of tourist passports. Travelers bearing diplomatic or official passports are required to get visas prior to arrival in Argentina but are not charged the reciprocity fee, nor are travelers transiting and not entering Argentina.

No Visa for travel up to 90 days for USA citizens

Quote Originally Posted by Riina  [View Original Post]
    Hey guys,

I have a trip planned to BA in September. I'm debating using my EU passport as opposed to my US passport and save the visa charge. Is it worth it to possibly loose Uncle Sam standing behind me?
    USD $160.00 Visa is only for travel over 90 days.

Hey guys,

I have a trip planned to BA in September. I'm debating using my EU passport as opposed to my US passport and save the visa charge. Is it worth it to possibly loose Uncle Sam standing behind me?

Great Post, Thanks for the info!

Hi Jackson!

I'll be in EZE soon. Me too, I just got a new passport and so my old one has my EZE visa in it. Good to know that I still can use the old passport with the EZE visa in it. I want to say Hello, and pay you my yearly membership on the other website if possible. Hope to see you soon and thank for all your help!

PS: I made "Senior Level" are you proud of me? Sorry, still kinda shy!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    Many expired passports have visas that are still valid.

That's one reason why they let you keep your old passports, so you can still use the visas contained therein.

Thanks,

Jax.
    Last edited by Hollywood124; 07-30-14 at 02:29. Reason: PS added

Quote Originally Posted by Tres3  [View Original Post]
    You pay the fine to Argentina when leaving the country. Uruguay issues you a Visa when you enter the country, and takes the Visa for Uruguay when you leave the country. Argentina issues a NEW Visa when you enter the country from Uruguay. Be sure to take the "reciprocity" fee receipt (it will be in your passport if you entered Argentina during the early days of the fee) so that you do not have to pay it again. In the future do not overstay your Visa. Go to Uruguay.

Tres3.
    Gracias amigo.

Pay Fine When Leaving

Quote Originally Posted by Extraordinary  [View Original Post]
    So if my visa has expired. Then I go to Uruguay. Can I pay the fine with immigration there? Or is it only in the airport you can do this? Do you pay on the way put of the country or on the way back in? This is my first time doing this . Thanks for the advice
    You pay the fine to Argentina when leaving the country. Uruguay issues you a Visa when you enter the country, and takes the Visa for Uruguay when you leave the country. Argentina issues a NEW Visa when you enter the country from Uruguay. Be sure to take the "reciprocity" fee receipt (it will be in your passport if you entered Argentina during the early days of the fee) so that you do not have to pay it again. In the future do not overstay your Visa. Go to Uruguay.

Tres3.

Quote Originally Posted by Tres3  [View Original Post]
    If you have not been to Uruguay before, you should go. Look at the Visa renewal as a bonus because Uruguay for a day, or two, is nice, and the ATM machines give dollars. Depending upon your budget, you can go to Colonia or Montevideo. I prefer Montevideo because they have good fresh swordfish, which is difficult, if not impossible, to find in BA. It is a tasty break from steak. If you use the "search" feature of AP, you will find lots of information on both places.

Tres3.
    So if my visa has expired. Then I go to Uruguay. Can I pay the fine with immigration there? Or is it only in the airport you can do this? Do you pay on the way put of the country or on the way back in? This is my first time doing this . Thanks for the advice

Uruguay

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    People do this all the time. If you ever go to Paraguay by bus when you get to the border there will be HUNDREDS of Paragayans lined up at the window to pay the 300 pesos. It's no big deal, though they may wag their finger at you.

If you just intend to renew one time and you're uncomfortable overstaying and feel like you must fix it going to Montevideo or Colonia, is the way to do it, not at the office. The immigrations people are looking more for people that have done it several times. While you're there you can load up on dollars.
    If you have not been to Uruguay before, you should go. Look at the Visa renewal as a bonus because Uruguay for a day, or two, is nice, and the ATM machines give dollars. Depending upon your budget, you can go to Colonia or Montevideo. I prefer Montevideo because they have good fresh swordfish, which is difficult, if not impossible, to find in BA. It is a tasty break from steak. If you use the "search" feature of AP, you will find lots of information on both places.

Tres3.

He's right

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy  [View Original Post]
    Overstay and pay the fine at the airport. Do NOT go to immigration. People overstay, pay the fine and re-enter the country all the time. Piece a cake.
    People do this all the time. If you ever go to Paraguay by bus when you get to the border there will be HUNDREDS of Paragayans lined up at the window to pay the 300 pesos. It's no big deal, though they may wag their finger at you.

If you just intend to renew one time and you're uncomfortable overstaying and feel like you must fix it going to Montevideo or Colonia, is the way to do it, not at the office. The immigrations people are looking more for people that have done it several times. While you're there you can load up on dollars.

Posting Limitations