+ Submit Report
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by Member #3320  [View Original Post]
    It has been some weeks now?
    Hi Guys,

As some of you already know, for the past several weeks I have been heavily involved in working with the owners of El Alamo to open their new location in Palermo.

This endeavor has precluded any opportunity for me to have the time to host the regular Friday night dinners.

I expect to resume the regular schedule with a dinner on Friday, Dec 21st.

Thanks,

Jackson.

PS: The new El Alamo Palermo is looking great!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Mrropes  [View Original Post]
    Just where is El Alamo, I have looked through some of the pages but cannot find the address.

THanks
    Uruguay 1175

Just where is El Alamo, I have looked through some of the pages but cannot find the address.

THanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chezz  [View Original Post]
    Love El alamo. It's my go-to place for American sports, including hockey! Get there early for best seating. I only wish they would work on their burgers, which on my last couple of visits have been, well, not so tasty. But I don't go there for the food; it's all about beer and sports.
    Love it too. Unlimited beer is good news in anyones books!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MiaJohnson For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Harders  [View Original Post]
    Mongers-

El Alamo has (8) eight Directv feeds and is therefore able to show (8) eight different NFL games at the same time (four per floor) so the likelihood of being able to show "your" game is quite high. All games on Sunday afternoons are shown with audio in English for each individual game. Unfortunately, only one game in each time slot is able to be shown in HD however all Sunday night and Monday night games are shown in HD.

Suerte,

Rock Harders
    Love El alamo. It's my go-to place for American sports, including hockey! Get there early for best seating. I only wish they would work on their burgers, which on my last couple of visits have been, well, not so tasty. But I don't go there for the food; it's all about beer and sports.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chezz For This Post:

Mongers-

El Alamo has (8) eight Directv feeds and is therefore able to show (8) eight different NFL games at the same time (four per floor) so the likelihood of being able to show "your" game is quite high. All games on Sunday afternoons are shown with audio in English for each individual game. Unfortunately, only one game in each time slot is able to be shown in HD however all Sunday night and Monday night games are shown in HD.

Suerte,

Rock Harders

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rock Harders For This Post:

Steelers?

Do you put the Steelers on?

Mongers-

El Alamo has a $40 AR MINIMUM CONSUMPTION charge payable as you walk in the door. Patrons are given a ticket that is then good for $40 AR of whatever they choose to order from the menu, food and / or drink. This is standard procedure in all successful bars / nightspots in Buenos Aires as space is limited and Argentines will not spend money unless they are obligated to do so. Keep in mind that both Saturday and Sunday afternoons for NCAA and NFL football there is NO MINIMUM CONSUMPTION charge as the customers are all Americans and it is therefore not necessary.

Suerte,

Rock Harders

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCat  [View Original Post]
    Strange way to do business.
    And yet there's a line to get in the door.

They must be doing something right.

Cover Charge

The Cover is because most Argies do not drink much. They would share a beer for hours.

Went here for a beer the other night. They wanted a cover charge at the door. WTF? Turned around and left.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Star  [View Original Post]
    It's not a cover, it is merely a minimum charge, you get $40AR in credit. Check out the newly revamped menu, they have excellent homemade salsa now, for example.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Premium Airport Transfers in Buenos Aires
    Strange way to do business.

Went here for a beer the other night. They wanted a cover charge at the door. WTF? Turned around and left.
    It's not a cover, it is merely a minimum charge, you get $40AR in credit. Check out the newly revamped menu, they have excellent homemade salsa now, for example.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Premium Airport Transfers in Buenos Aires

Are you sure there is not secret code that I need to get a beer?

Thank you

Us Older timers needed that.

There is a song that I tried to upload but is too large.

"Too Much Time On My Hands." By Styx.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Harders
    Mongers,

The hours of operation at El Alamo are 4pm-4am Monday-Thursday and 12pm-4am Friday-Sunday. There is never a big crowd or a minimum consumption charge before 6pm and on Sundays there is no minimum consumption charge at all. I would not recommend that older folks come after 8pm Wednesday-Friday as it will be extremely crowded and noisy. On Saturdays everything is relatively quiet until 11pm and until that hour the customers are mostly Americans watching sports and groups of well-behaved Argentines eating, drinking and socializing. There is a full food menu available everyday from opening until 3am.

Suerte,

Rock Harders

Posting Limitations