Thread: Price for temporary rentals

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
This blog is moderated by Trampa
    Quote Originally Posted by Trampa  [View Original Post]
    1000:4 = 250

That should be a lot closer to the real value
    I don't think you understand how things work.

Most apartments are going to be vacant some of the time. If they want to average $1000 per month, they need to rent it long term, or at least 2 1/2 weeks a month. If they followed your method, they'd only earn $625 or so, way below what they are aiming for.

Just as a chica may charge you $200 pesos for an hour, and 500 for 12 hour TLN, there is better pricing for a longer time commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero  [View Original Post]
    Weekly rentals are often fairly expensive. Most that I see charge 2-2.5x the weekly rate for a monthly rental. So 2.5x400 is, $1000.
    1000:4 = 250

That should be a lot closer to the real value

Trampa-go do some research

WE can't read the websites and all the past postings for you.

Weekly rentals are often fairly expensive. Most that I see charge 2-2.5x the weekly rate for a monthly rental. So 2.5x400 is, $1000.

I don't consider 1600 dollar for a new 2 room appartement in Palermo a good deal. Should no way be more then around 1000-1200 dollar
    The Dogg's discriminating nose smells Redondo.

I don't consider 1600 dollar for a new 2 room appartement in Palermo a good deal. Should no way be more then around 1000-1200 dollar

Trampa read the sub-forums under apartment rentals

Many members have been using this forum for exactly the information that you ask about. For example, look at the bytargentina thread as an example.

I generally like reynalds and Jackson is the best, but is out of the business.

RentingBAXXXXXX[I have placed "X"'s rather than the rest of the name which is ". COM" because the owner is a good guy who doesn't want a sex forum to come up when potential clients google the business' name]-is relatively well run. They will negociate the price on the website listed prices when the market is slow. They will call you in the USA and have a north american phone number. They will look up your flite's arrival information on the net. You will not be abandoned in the street if your flite is a few hours late. This rentingBA. XXXX is sometimes more expensive. The owner is in business and will try to get the highest price that he reasonable thinks the market will bear.

Byt is going out of their way to make me happy-I am dealing with them again. The operations manager is helping

me and recommending only good apartment owners' apartments for me. The apartment owner is very important.

If you are renting from a sleaze-ball who turns off the internet when business is slow to save money, there will be problems no matter which company is the rental agent. I have arrived after flying all night and found all sorts of strange things that have been done to save a few pesos-a good agency will be more aggressive about helping.

I seem to have survived a bad situation with byt and landed on my feet-I now get the lowdown on the owner. This is very valuable info. I am renting a 58 meter, nicely furnished apartment, in a new building on I high floor with a view for $400. Per week. De melo near azcuenaga. Byt has some very well priced properties, BUT there are some twists and turns to the way they do business. It was just luck that I got to know the operations manager.

When do they go down? They keep going up and as far as I can tell they get rented out?

When is it changing? I thought it would in 2008,2009 and 2010 but so far they are only going up.2011 should be the year but I can't really put my finger on it
    Can you give me a link to the appartments you are talking about?

Everybody who (semi) permanent lives in BA knows that once you negociate you can get 20 to 30% off the price tha the rental agencies use but prices even after negociating won't go down.

I am guessing they are keep going up untill people stop renting them, which not seem to be the case.

P. S. If you use BYT as a benchmark they have roughly 30% of there appartments available for the next month, it seems the ocupation rate somehow is pretty good

Many agencies have lowerred their prices

The stort term rental market appears to be very depressed compared to a few years ago-prices on many websites are lower. I know because I have rented the same apartments at lower prices. Most of the argentine agencies are fixed prices or they will on the website indicate a special or promotional price and not negociate by email or on the phone. Some websites keep high prices and will definately negociate, rather not do business.

Argentina's business culture has it's own twists and turns that are different that most other places in the world. I absolutely love ba, BUT along with the positives there are some strange twists. I don't want to post specifics, you may PM me. There are people in the business who read this site who I know and I don't want to publically discuss some of their unusually practices.

Price for temporary rentals

When do they go down? They keep going up and as far as I can tell they get rented out?

When is it changing? I thought it would in 2008,2009 and 2010 but so far they are only going up.2011 should be the year but I can't really put my finger on it

Posting Limitations