This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaquero  [View Original Post]
    I've tried writing the words "p e s o s" and "p a s s" (my spaces), and when the report publishes, they're converted to "P. S. "
    I noticed that on "p a s t" as well.

Abbreviations

I've tried writing the words "p e s o s" and "p a s s" (my spaces), and when the report publishes, they're converted to "P. S. "

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Da Man  [View Original Post]
    The improvements even over the last few days are dramatic.
    This is especially evident in the political threads

there are a few hyperlinks that are missing behind the underlined items on the home page

Small Issue

I've participated in building a website, as well, so I can sympathize with the struggles when you switch to a new format. At first all the issues seem overwhelming. But, it's like the old saying, "How do you eat an elephant? One spoonful at a time. " Keep at it. The improvements even over the last few days are dramatic.

So, here's the small issue I noticed: The page numbering links at the bottom of the page seem to be off. There are many false leading page numbers that make it appear as if you are in the middle of a thread, when you are really at the final page.

I've noticed the same HTML and posting issues as others, but I assume you're fully aware of those.

The look and feel is much better, in my opinion. Once the posting/formatting issues get worked out, you'll have 99% of your problems fixed.

Are you working on the site search engine, as well? I've never liked that. Beggars can't be choosers, but I would welcome an upgrade there. Good luck.

New Format.

New Format.

When I logged in to the new format for the first time my initial thoughts were “WTF, I don’t like this! ”

However having now got used to it a little I must say, in my opinion, after a few weeks (and when we all become more used to it) we will grow to like it.

I think that many of us (especially the “Old Farts” like me) are initially resistant to ANY change. However when we see it in all its glory, with all the new “Bells and Whistles” we may wonder what all the fuss was about!

Just one request. I hope that a link to PM's will still be shown on log in (with details of any new PM' s)

Hotman.

Smile Color

Jackson:

Add some color to the background. All this white is blinding me.

Gary

Cool Long time lurker

Why change a good thing Jackson? Kinda thought the last website iteration was the best. I do agree with Exon tho, bigger fonts por favor!

Can't perform edits within quoted passages

I tried a "reply with quote" and realized that the quote itself needed some explanation; it was a response to somebody else's quoted remark. When I inserted my explanation, the entire quote disappeared from my posting. Leaving, in the words of Mark Twain, "not a vestige to swear at. Errr, by. "

Thank you Jackson

Having been in software for 25 years Jackson I feel your pain on the upgrade. It is never easy to transition anything because people tend to resist change. Given this is a free service, I appreciate all the time you spend maintaining the site.

I'll send my "gripes" later.

Sysco

Question

I am sure this is my problem, but it will certainly take me time to appreciate the benefits of the new format verses the old. I agree with exon about the font size, and do not think the "gray" background gives enough contrast. The layout is a question of time and getting use to it.

What is the purpose of making this change? Thanks, shane

Quote Originally Posted by esten  [View Original Post]
    as punter noted, posting links is problematic. This was also a problem with the previous software, but you could get around it by editing your p. S. And deleting the spaces and other artefacts the software would introduce in a link. With the new software you can't get around it by editing the same way you could before.

Also the word p-o-s-t gets converted to p. S. Some very odd stuff here! Also you can't p-o-s-t multiple peRiods (.) unless you separate each by a space.

On the positive side, you now can see all the vaRious sections without having to click on "see all forums" as before. And you can put the "chit chat" stuff at the bottom, something I had mentioned before.

Good luck Jackson, we appreciate your efforts.
    to p-ost a link you just have to enter the bracketed bb codes manually, this is what it should look like. [url]Http://www.Wtop.Com/?Nid=25&sid=1478352[/url]_note I used the "noparse" code to show this example. you can find out more about bb codes by:clicking here.

Jackson I do hope you are going to give us back the option of being able to "edit" around some of this crap. Also why are the[img]codes off?

As punter noted, posting links is problematic. This was also a problem with the previous software, but you could get around it by editing your p. S. And deleting the spaces and other artefacts the software would introduce in a link. With the new software you can't get around it by editing the same way you could before.

Also the word p-o-s-t gets converted to p. S. Some very odd stuff here! Also you can't p-o-s-t multiple peRiods (...) unless you separate each by a space.

On the positive side, you now can see all the vaRious sections without having to click on "see all forums" as before. And you can put the "chit chat" stuff at the bottom, something I had mentioned before.

Good luck Jackson, we appreciate your efforts...

Smile Formating

Jackson:

I told you my sister could have had this site and Colombia's up and running a few years ago!

P. S. I can not go to home. It says my membership is not activated!

Venues: 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmond D  [View Original Post]
    Is there a way where I can read a thread such that the oldest post is at the top of the thread, and the latest is at the end of the last page?
    Up at the top, click on "Settings." On the Settings page, on the left side look at the "My Settings" section, in there the "General Settings" link. Down towards the bottom of the settings available, find the section "Thread Display Options" and the setting you're looking for is under "Thread Display Mode."

Well, it seems to work (here!) but if you look at my post under Apartments you'll see that when I had a close-parentheses after an exclamation point the parens gets zapped when message is posted.

Is there a way where I can read a thread such that the oldest post is at the top of the thread, and the latest is at the end of the last page?

Posting Limitations