Thread: Argentine Economy

+ Submit Report
Page 45 of 130 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 95 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Joe:

Misunderstood your point.

Argentina is like that friend you love and is always in a financial bind. You loan them money and they do pay you. However, two days after you get paid, they are back on your doorstep asking for another loan and the cycle starts all over again. The loan is never paid off except for about eight days a year.

All I wish to know is, how do I position myself when the peso goes to hell in a hand basket?

Quote Originally Posted by Damman
    Joe, come on, INDEC a reliable number? It is in their best interest to cook the books. No big deal, it will all work out like it is suppose to, in spite of us.
    That's why I said nobody in his right mind will want inflation linked bonds.

I wonder as well if Canal 7 is going to buy the soccer-rights, seems to me it's an expensive way to settle the score with Clarin.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hernandez
    You haven't been following what happend to INDEC?

Nobody will want a inflation index bond.

If they find some way to get them off the market the interest paid on the newly issued bonds will be lower
    Joe, come on, INDEC a reliable number? It is in their best interest to cook the books. No big deal, it will all work out like it is suppose to, in spite of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Damman
    See it as one big damn poker game. Cry poverty, threaten default, create fear and panic to whittle the paper down to about ten cents on the dollar and wallah, paid in full, ten cents on the dollar. Do not care who it is, Gringo, Argentine, Ernie Shwartz, when they want the money, promise you everything and anything: "Trust Me." When it comes time to pay up, every damn excuse in the world is used to not meet their obligations. It is never convenient. No one is going to loan anyone anything without an inflation index clause. Suggest the mob start servicing loans.
    You haven't been following what happend to INDEC?

Nobody will want a inflation index bond.

If they find some way to get them off the market the interest paid on the newly issued bonds will be lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hernandez
    Argentina should offer a deal to the hold-outs, settle with the Paris group and buy the inflation linked bonds.

That will be costly but will be a lot cheaper in the long run but that's unlikely to happen untill 2012
    See it as one big damn poker game. Cry poverty, threaten default, create fear and panic to whittle the paper down to about ten cents on the dollar and wallah, paid in full, ten cents on the dollar. Do not care who it is, Gringo, Argentine, Ernie Shwartz, when they want the money, promise you everything and anything: "Trust Me." When it comes time to pay up, every damn excuse in the world is used to not meet their obligations. It is never convenient. No one is going to loan anyone anything without an inflation index clause. Suggest the mob start servicing loans.

Argentina should offer a deal to the hold-outs, settle with the Paris group and buy the inflation linked bonds.

That will be costly but will be a lot cheaper in the long run but that's unlikely to happen untill 2012.

I was surprised when Argentina said it was going to tap international markets, since they have to settle with the people they owe money to first, from the last default. So their only real choice is to push back existing debt. The link below is from Reuters. It Talks about borrowing 200 million from the pensions, and the bond swap.

http://www.reuters.com/article/marke...11085020090812

Argentina Govt Plans Debt Swap To Defer $9B Payments

It is always something when you have bills to pay. Checks in the mail and I promise, won't cum in your mouth, dah de dah.

BUENOS AIRES (Dow Jones)--Argentina's government has done an about-face with its plans to tap international capital markets and will instead seek to defer about $9 billion in payments by offering a global swap for medium-term debt, the Cronista newspaper reported Wednesday. Economy Minister Amado Boudou won't negotiate with holdbout bondholders nor with the Paris Club of sovereign creditors, it said.

I like Kevingston and La Marina and it's about half of what it would cost in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Artisttyp
    Argetina has the worst production leather I've ever witnessed.
    This I must agree with you.

Remeber I was a kid in Holland when mother bought me a pair of argentine leather boots. They were hard as stone to wear. Mother told me with passing days will get softer. Three years later they were as harder as the first day.

Leather exports in Argentina are the meanest and corrupt guys I ever met.

I must conclude with Sidney. Buy nothing in AR. But least of all leather products!

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney
    My motto is: Buy nothing in AR!
    To Sidney and WW:

I have been shopping in SA for a number of years now and usually inspect merchandise like a new car. My eyes *usually don't do me wrong. I must say though that shopping in SA is extremely frustrating. Even when you buy stuff factory sealed there are major defects. They make the dumbest mistakes I've ever seen.

I assume you know the american brand " carhartt "? They made one style of belt in argentina. The loop that you put the belt through was stapled together! You export that shit under " hecho en argentina "?

Argetina has the worst production I've ever witnessed.

The best places for leather are:

Mexico.

Ecuador.

Colombia.

BA is last. Great skins but no idea what to do with them. The boots I bought are just ok but I would rather any american workboot made in china any day.

Gotta be on your toes

If you know what you are looking for and take the time to examine the quality before purchasing, you can do just fine. Apply the same principals to buy other products in Bs As as you do buying pussy. Look for well reviewed providers know for delivering quality.

Production Errors

Yet again I am stuck with another badly made item from argentina. Two years ago I bought one of those heavy shearling coats around Murillo street. I paid $180 US for it. Something similar in the US would be around $700.

I haven't worn in awhile until yesterday when I was cleaning my closet. Something just didn't feel right when I put it on. Finally I figured out what the problem was. One arm has a misaligned seam which curves forward twisting the sleeve at the cuff. Bottom line is it looks awful and cannot be worn.

Since my first visit to BA I have gotten rid of the majority of crap I bought there. I have 2 belts left and a few handkerchiefs thats all. I brought back an army duffel bag worth of crap in 2005.

There were "errors" in a box of candy I recently bought. One piece I ate was rotten or had some fungus growing on it (I didn't see it). Since they were filled Candies I thought maybe one had rum in it. NOT. They were filled with sweet coconut.

Argentina has got to have the worst production is my point. I would much rather own products "made in china".

My carpincho jacket worth $300 hit the crapper too. Eventually it would have ripped on a nail or something.

Be careful what you buy in Argentina.

There will be futbol, Copa SudAmericana.

Futbol will also start with maybe 1 week of delay, Futbol and Argentina can't live without each other. They will find a way

Posting Limitations