Thread: World Cup Line

+ Submit Report
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
This blog is moderated by Norman Stormin
    The Shamrock is open this afternoon and showing Argentina vs. Ivory Coast. I noticed walking by that they have some sort of large screen. Alot of cute little dewdrops clad in light blue and white already there.

100/1 Usa

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt99
    100/1 on USA is a great bet. The American squad is ranked fifth in the world by FIFA. If you want to underwrite my bet, FH, I'll put 10 dollars on the US at those odds.
    Hunt 99 your bet is on.

FH

100/1 on USA is a great bet. The American squad is ranked fifth in the world by FIFA. If you want to underwrite my bet, FH, I'll put 10 dollars on the US at those odds.

World Cup Odds

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Stormin
    For those of you gentlemen with any interest in soccer and a penchant for wagering, here's the current line for the most favored and, in some cases, least favored, yet popular contenders:

Brazil 2/1

England 5/2

Germany 5/2

Italy 6/1

Argentina 7/1

Netherlands 8/1

France 9/1

Portugal 11/1

Spain 14/1

USA 17/1

Mexico 18/1

And for those of you looking for a BIG SCORE, This Tout's Terrific Trifecta:

Togo 230/1

Trin-Tob 230/1

Tunisia 230/1

Of local interest, Argentina is favored over Ivory Coast in this Saturday's game. You've got to lay 110 and give up one goal to collect 100.
    I have been a bookmaker (Part time) and I would become very rich laying those odds.

These are the best odds available;

BRAZIL 11/4

ENGLAND 7/1

GERMANY 7/1

ARGENTINA 8/1

ITALY 8/1

HOLLAND 10/1

SPAIN 12/1

FRANCE 12/1

PORTUGAL 20/1

SWEDEN 33/1

CZECH REP 33/1

MEXICO 40/1

UKRAINE 50/1

CROATIA 50/1

IVORY COAST 66/1

SERBIA & M 66/1

USA 100/1

PARAGUAY 100/1

POLAND 100/1

SWITZERLAND 100/1

ECUADOR 150/1

AUSTRALIA 150/1

JAPAN 150/1

REP OF KOREA 200/1

TUNISIA 200/1

IRAN 500/1

GHANA 500/1

COSTA RICA 500/1

TOGO 500/1

SAUDI ARABIA 500/1

ANGOLA 1000/1

TRINIDAD & T 1000/1

Looking past Brazil, I think IMHO Argentina & Italy could give a run for your money.

I might look stupid in 5 weeks but I don't fancy Germany (The hosts) and will keep laying them untill the cows come home!

FH

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead
    I understand that a bunch of guys in short pants run up and down the field but nobody ever scores and then you have a "shoot out" so why did you fucking bother running around for an hour anyway?
    This just in: the NFL has enacted a new rule whereby teams tied at the end of regulation will determine a winner by an alternating series of field goals.

What a stupid concept.

On the really interesting sports side, I note that the Cubs are playing the Reds this weekend. Anybody up for a road trip to the Great American Ballpark? If the games are tied at the end of 9 innings I promise they won't settle things by playing Home Run Derby.

I understand that a bunch of guys in short pants run up and down the field but nobody ever scores and then you have a "shoot out" so why did you fucking bother running around for an hour anyway?

Seriously, shorten the field a bit, widen the goal a foot or so, make it six inches higher, and then you could have some nice, exciting 6-5 games instead of this 0-0 bullshit.

If you don't understand or appreciate soccer then you don't fully understand or appreciate local culture. You sound like a stubborn ugly American.

I can't imagine giving enough of shit about soccer to watch it, let alone bet on it. I'd rather watch paint dry. I'd rather watch Exon jack off in San Martín Plaza.

OK, maybe not. But almost.

Betting on futbol seems even more of a crapshoot than most sports. You have 2 ways to lose, what with the draw thrown in the mix. I barely keep my head above water with major american sports. That said, put the mortgage on Brazil.

Question World Cup Line

For those of you gentlemen with any interest in soccer and a penchant for wagering, here's the current line for the most favored and, in some cases, least favored, yet popular contenders:

Brazil 2/1

England 5/2

Germany 5/2

Italy 6/1

Argentina 7/1

Netherlands 8/1

France 9/1

Portugal 11/1

Spain 14/1

USA 17/1

Mexico 18/1

And for those of you looking for a BIG SCORE, This Tout's Terrific Trifecta:

Togo 230/1

Trin-Tob 230/1

Tunisia 230/1

Of local interest, Argentina is favored over Ivory Coast in this Saturday's game. You've got to lay 110 and give up one goal to collect 100.

Posting Limitations