View Poll Results: How should a dinner bill be divided between 3 guys, one who brought a date?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • The bill should be divided four ways and the monger with the date should pay for his date.

55 94.83%
  • The bill should be divided three ways so everyone pays for the one monger's date.

3 5.17%

Thread: Group Dinners II

+ Submit Report
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
This blog is moderated by Jackson

Exclamation

When it comes to money, there is no fucking end to the discussion! The guy with the date owes 50% , not counting Exon's booze, (unless his girl is ponying up money-fat chance) and the customary tip on the total bill. WTF! Did he think the chick was just skating scot free on everybody? WTF otra vez!

==================================================

Doggboy,

In 10 years of visiting Argentina and four years of living here, I have NEVER seen an Argentine chica pay for anything in a public place.

Thanks,

Jackson

Administrator

Venues: 398

Group Dinners II

Greetings everyone,

Just when I thought we'd heard all the discussion on the subject of the fair way to split a group dinner tab, I was exposed to yet a new twist.

A couple of days ago Exon, myself, another monger and his "date" went to dinner at La Gran Taberna. The bill was 180 pesos. Right off the top Exon volunteered to pay the 30 pesos for his Beefeaters, which resulted in a balance of $150 pesos. Factoring in a tip, the total to be split would have been $160 pesos plus a little extra to fatten the tip by anyone with an extra $5 peso note. I then placed $45 pesos on the table, followed immediately by Exon's $75 pesos. However, the other guy, upon opening his wallet and reviewing the calculations, declared that the $160 peso bill should actually be $150 pesos and should be divided three ways, not four. Discussion ensued, during which I told him that it was his privledge to pay for his date's dinner, not Exon and myself. Nevertheless, our friend wouldn't budge, insisting that the $150 pesos bill be divided three ways and that he also didn't see the need to leave a tip. With that, he placed a 50 peso note on the table and advised Exon and myself that the balance was on us.

After a couple of minutes of discussion, which his spanish speaking girlfriend thankfully couldn't follow, I just gave up and pulled another 30 pesos out of my wallet to make up the difference.

So here's my question for the members: If three guys go to dinner together, and one guy decides to bring a "date", how should the bill be divided?

Thanks,

Jackson

====================================================

Hi Guys,

I need to append my report: The chick wasn't just his date, she was his live-in girlfriend, which means she wasn't even in play.

Posting Limitations