Thread: l'Alliance Steak Restaurant

Closed Thread
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28
This blog is moderated by Jackson
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Dave
    This is a (fairly) recently opened restaurant right next door to Exedra (and RIGHT next to the expensive and over-rated Chacra) It is usually decorated by an attractive young lady sitting in front, soliciting diners.
    Sounds like a good place to hit. I'd say the door person there is much nicer than Chacra's, unless you're into the bovine type.

Thumbs up l'Alliance

This is a (fairly) recently opened restaurant right next door to Exedra (and RIGHT next to the expensive and over-rated Chacra) It is usually decorated by an attractive young lady sitting in front, soliciting diners.

Stopped by last night for a light bite with 3 other guys, and was VERY impressed with both the quality of food and the prices.

I ordered a Waldorf salad, which typically in Argentina comes smothered in greasy mayonaisse. It arrived smothered in some white substance, which to my delight turned out to be fresh, lovely whipped cream. The apples were freshly cut, celery crispy and walnuts fresh. Totally delightful, and priced at 9 pesos!

Additional orders included a chicken brochette, which was huge, well acompanied by grilled peppers and onions, and priced at 10 pesos. Several Chorizos were consumed, priced at 2.50 pesos, and were very good. Empanadas were 1.2 each, although the only had meat ones.

The parilla is right by the window, and looks very good. Judging by the quality of what we did have, I would not be afraid to order the very reasonably priced bife de chorizo (14 pesos I believe) or any of the other items on the parilla menu.

As we were leaving I stopped to thank the owner, who was sitting by the door, and at which point he turned to me and said, in perfect English, "I'm glad you enjoyed it".

It turns out he's from California, and his name is Dario.

I absolutely would (and will) eat there in again, and recommend it to anyone, especially since you can stumble out the door and be right at Exedra.

I forget the name of the young lady at the door, but she is VERY easy to look at. From our upstairs table right at the window, you could look straight down and have a lovely view of her excellant taste in corpinos - an added bonus to a very nice meal!

David

Administrator

Venues: 398

l'Alliance Steak Restaurant

Thread Starter.

Posting Limitations