I started reading a couple of months ago about how investors claimed that Arg. Had not invested enuff in the power grid and would be facing severe problems as a result of the economic growth over the past 4 years. If you want a personal feel to the problem check the papers to see how many AC units are being advertised daily. Look at all the new units outside of buildings as you walk around. Consider all the building development and the attendant increases on demand from population density (two years ago a block of single family houses is now a block of high rises with 40 units in each building)

Anyhow the gov't promised there would be no problems for the summer. Lo and behold this week (it is not even summer yet) it has been hot and there have been several brown outs already in residential neighborhoods. Yesterday there were some lasting up to 20 hours.

This past Monday I was in a lawyers' office in the 100 block of Talchahuana and the power was off for an hour. When I got home (downtown at Plaza San Martin) and got off the elevator the power went off in our building and a portion of the block for two hours. I was told it was a technical problem but who knows. Thank God I got out of the elevator!

Bottom line is with all the growth, it is going to be a long summer. My hope is that the downtown area has less demand at night and on weekends and the commercial aspect of the location (banks, utilities, gov't offices, tourist hotels) will keep us off the brown-out list.

Punter: what do you think?