Thread: Ana Luna Airport Taxi services

+ Submit Report
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Jackson
    I feel so special. I never have a problem with her or the rides she has arranged for me when she was unavailable. I contact her a week in advance and confirm both the day before and the day of the trip.

I'm not denying that others might have had problems, I'm just relaying my own experience. Certainly, anybody reading these experiences should have a backup plan ready whenever they are meeting a driver. I met a couple recently that were victimized by a taxi scam at EZE when their transfer using Princess Cruises didn't connect with them. A backup plan is always needed whenever you use a pickup service.

I have been in this transfer business for about 15 years and I deal with everything from the simple needs of a fisherman just needing a hop to his hotel to VIP transfers with security detail and so on.

What surprises me with this lady is that she has no back up for when she can't pick up clients herself. Once you have been in the business for a few months you soon count with dozens of freelancers that are willing to take up your surplus. I can pick my phone and in ten minutes have a fleet of vehicles (cars, little vans, 12, 20 or 30 seater buses) at the airport with or without (pretty) bilingual guides. That is not just me but almost anyone in the business. So who doesn't count with this possibility of replacements is not someone I would place my trust in. (trust in the sense that I can count on that person being at the airport on time etc. She is most certainly not a professional or even near being one and it's a shame as she could make a good living out of it!

However, - and for two reasons, first because I would consider it extremely unethical to sell my services on a site paid for by someone else (in this case Jackson) and second as most of you mongers are well travelled and don't need hand holding and assistance - I recommend you go to any of the remis booths and just hire a car there. As I said before, simple, safe and quick! So much so that I find this thread absolutely ridiculous!

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by MiddleAgeGuy
    I just started using the service a few months ago and with others in BA. Very seldom see Ana but probably 20 trips logged fron the airport and around BA, where she sub-contracts I suppose; never a problem.

Careful at the airport because I think she hires some locals there at times to put your name on a sign and there are others also on a sign. There could be some of the confusion.
    Well, I guess that pretty much negates the entire "I think using a recommended and highly reliable car service from the airport is smart and safe." security rational for using Ana Luna's "service", doesn't it?

Thanks,

Jackson

Sorry!

I'm sorry but I disagree with you. Her problem isn't just communication. She has a total lack of professionalism and absolutely no regard for her clients. She thinks she can get along in life on her looks no matter how many clients she leaves abandoned. Without question her looks could take her places but not in her current profession with the way she cares for her clients.

I tried to use her 3 times and succeeded only once. The first time was for a pick up at the airport and she was there with bells on and did a great job. As normal I spent aproximately 3 months in BA and a week before I was to leave I contacted her and she agreed to drive me back to the airport. She called me the morning I was to leave and told me she just remembered she was scheduled to have eye surgery that day. WHAT. Now was a lot of BS! She told me she would arrange for another driver to pick me up and not to worry. I contacted her 30 minutes before my scheduled departure time and it sounded like she just woke up. But she assured me someone was going to pick so me up in 30 minutes. I waited an hour and no one came and Anna did not answer her phone anymore. So what to do. What to do? I dragged my things to the curb and got lucky to see one of the newer and larger cabs (you know the one without the LP tank in the trunk) so I got a ride to the airport with him for 45p + 10p tip. The driver was great and even helped load and unload my things which is rare as hell for them to get off their asses to help.

On my next trip I emailed Anna for a pick up again and she agreed. But the day before my flight she emailed me saying she was going to take a vacation and couldn't pick me up and again offered to have someone else pick me up. I guess I am lucky because at least this time she told me she was abandoning me. Of course it was a little late to make other arrangements though. So I did what I always did in the past and grabbed a ramis from the airport. And as always I was very satisfied with the service. If I were to make my 100th trip back to BA would I use Anna's services for a ride? With Anna's great looks and fantastic body without question I'd love to have a ride with her. But not in her car again.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyJones
    Straylight you may have enphasised my original opinion that she may be catering to her "best" customers. With others that only use her very seldom, she may try to fit them but may not be able. With Middle age man, I wonder how many times or often has he used her service?

FOR ME it seems that I fall into the catagory of if she can fit me in she will at the last minute. So she will either confirm but at the last day renig on the appointment or she will not confirm the appointment until its too late and you would have allready had to make other arrangements. Either way then she gets disappointed that you made other arrangements.

Simply, she just needs to communicate in a better timely fashion for everyone no matter if the customer is a once a year or one that uses her service on a weekly basis.

Realize I do enjoy her company. She is a nice lady.

Rustyjones.

Cool Once a year vs weekly customers

Straylight you may have enphasised my original opinion that she may be catering to her "best" customers. With others that only use her very seldom, she may try to fit them but may not be able. With Middle age man, I wonder how many times or often has he used her service?

FOR ME it seems that I fall into the catagory of if she can fit me in she will at the last minute. So she will either confirm but at the last day renig on the appointment or she will not confirm the appointment until its too late and you would have allready had to make other arrangements. Either way then she gets disappointed that you made other arrangements.

Simply, she just needs to communicate in a better timely fashion for everyone no matter if the customer is a once a year or one that uses her service on a weekly basis.

Realize I do enjoy her company. She is a nice lady.

Rustyjones.

Quote Originally Posted by StrayLight
    I, on the other hand, have never had anything but the best possible service from her. Reliable. Dependable. Reasonable. Maybe I'm one of the select. Who knows. That's not to say she hasn't messed up with others, simply that she's never messed up with me, and I've used her for me, family, and friends about 30 times or more in the past year or so.

That's all.

SL

Luna service

I just started using the service a few months ago and with others in BA. Very seldom see Ana but probably 20 trips logged fron the airport and around BA, where she sub-contracts I suppose; never a problem.

Careful at the airport because I think she hires some locals there at times to put your name on a sign and there are others also on a sign. There could be some of the confusion.

Having said that, it is easy enough to just go up to a window and hire a remis.

I, on the other hand, have never had anything but the best possible service from her. Reliable. Dependable. Reasonable. Maybe I'm one of the select. Who knows. That's not to say she hasn't messed up with others, simply that she's never messed up with me, and I've used her for me, family, and friends about 30 times or more in the past year or so.

That's all.

SL

Mooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by RustyJones
    For you, though, until you know all of the facts, please do not flame. Do not be ignorant and narrow minded about what us men think with. When I did that post I gave general information. I agree with the fact of double dipping that it should not happen. That is all that I agree with you on.
    When I flame you, trust me, you'll know it.

I know many men who are complete idiots when a cute chica is in the room. The continued gushing that many guys did over Ana, when faced with constant bad feedback, rather amazed me. I tried to use her soon after she started doing airport pickups, and she left me high and dry. I have no problem supporting board members, and have done it with many different folk on AP and the ISG.

It was funny, as I went on a Commedore trip a few days after, with Capt Dave, Mo, Ana and maybe one or two other guys. In talking to Dave, he said that the guy who complained about her not picking him up (which was me, unbenownst to him) was at fault. I found this funny, since waiting 45 minutes, making multiple phone calls and never getting a response isn't my idea of being at fault. Oh yes, I want to fly for almost a full day and then hope that someone shows up to pick me up? Er, no thanks.

Ana, as well as Roxana are the sacred cows of AP. If you have an honest and valid complaint about them, you will have their adoring fans dogpile you.

Flaming

Quote Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
    Charging 2x the fare seems to be a ripoff in a grand fashion. If, instead, she said, okay, I've got to take you to Microcentro, and the other guy to Recoleta, it'll be an extra 20 pesos split between the both of you, that'd be fare. Double dipping is not.

Why you guys would let her pull this crappy service, double charging, is beyond me. Some guys just think with their dick, I think. They see a pretty face, and get all gushy. Bah!
    I was put into the first situation. No choice. The agreement was made before I found out about the second person. Since it was my first time in BA and did not know anyone, I was sort of at her mercy.

The second time it was my choice or asking her to accomodate the other guy. I do not know how much she charged him. Maybe her thought was that since I asked her to accomodate him she did not have to give me a bargain.

I was not thinking with my little head. At least with me she was NOT at all into any extra activities beyond the transfers.

Be assured that I will not be using her service anymore and obviously will not recommend her to anyone. Obviously the more people she treats this way the more her business will suffer.

For you, though, until you know all of the facts, please do not flame. Do not be ignorant and narrow minded about what us men think with. When I did that post I gave general information. I agree with the fact of double dipping that it should not happen. That is all that I agree with you on.

Rustyjones

Charging 2x the fare seems to be a ripoff in a grand fashion. If, instead, she said, okay, I've got to take you to Microcentro, and the other guy to Recoleta, it'll be an extra 20 pesos split between the both of you, that'd be fare. Double dipping is not.

Why you guys would let her pull this crappy service, double charging, is beyond me. Some guys just think with their dick, I think. They see a pretty face, and get all gushy. Bah!

Thumbs down Ana Luna services

I would agree with the others that ana is no longer working or is only handling certain select customers by her choice only.

Just so that you know I was a great supporter of Ana and would try to refer any business to her. I also tried to keep out of the Ana bashing due to my experience with her even though it was a little grey.

I had used her in my last two trips to BA. The first trip she was great and on time. I also allowed her to take two of us from the airport in one trip due to airline arrival difficulties. There were no discounts. She was a delight to be with.

The second trip she made a lot of money of my appontment because ther was another guy (from Microsoft) that was needing a ride too and we decided to allow him to join us from the airport. So she made double wages on that trip. There was no discount to me.

For the return appointment to go to the airport she and I discussed the day, time and flight number a few days in advance. After numerous unanswered calls in the last two days before the flight, I went ahead and contracted a Remis service through the apartment management. She finally called back reniging on the appointment saying that it was not completely confirmed (which was incorrect) She said she could have also contracted a Remis service too. My only comment back was that I had to have contracted a definite ride to the airport by a certain date to insure that I would make it there. I don't think she liked my answer.

So for three out of four contracted services she was ok to good. I had always treated her well. This time she has not even sent a return email that she is unable to provide the services.

So something is up. Her web site is still up. My only thought is what I commented on in the beginning of this post is that she is only servicing special clients and is ignoring the others.

Rustyjones

Mlt

Dickhead said "Stormy taking the MTL? No me digas. Mira vos."

Yes, on two occasions, once while staying at the famed Dazzler Hotel in Barrio Norte and another time at the legendary Grand Boulevard Hotel, though with reasonable baggage.

I think it's all a matter of taste and (in some cases) budget. Some guys like to pay 2 pesos and take a rickety bus full of locals (while tucking their carry on in between their legs) Some guys like to pay 20-50 dollars to take a taxi or remis straight out of the airport. Some guys like to pre arrange everything and are willing to pay the extra cost to do this. While others are somewhat paranoid (sometimes justifiably and sometimes not) and are willing to pay more for added security (or perceived security) And some are just flashy bastards who like to arrive in style.

In all these cases, the most important factor (aside from price that I have already stated is contingent upon budget or taste) is reliability. So taking into account the 50/50 split on reviews of this chicks services and reliability. I would say, look elsewhere. Take a taxi or a remis if you like, take a private car, take Aqualungs fully armored HUMVEES, with police motorcade, just be sure whatever company you take is reliable.

Regards,

BM.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung
    The safest thing is to contract my services for transfers but I am a lot more expensive than the rest!

...Or hire me and I'll set you up with a limo, a couple of motorbikes and a Chase car or two but that's going to cost you some $$$ But think of the impression you'll make on the chicas!
    Aqualung, my friend,

(Ha, ha, I've always wanted to say that)

Anyway, you should be prepared for some business, because I've met guys who are so insecure about their personal security that they'll pay for this service.

BTW, I misspoke in my previous post about "select[ing] a taxi at random." What I ment to advise was "select a remis service at random", but I usually use the remis service named Taxi Ezeiza.

Thanks,

Jackson

Shit, no true "low roller" would ever waste 35 pesos on the Manuel Tienda Leon bus. They would take the #86 colectivo for less than two pesos. Of course, that is only practical if you just have carry-on luggage, but what true "low roller" would waste money on a suitcase? #86 goes straight down Rivadavia into Congreso and then down H. Yrigoyen when Rivadavia becomes one-way. It crosses 9 de Julio before heading into the bowels of La Boca so you can get very close to a lot of parts of town, and then take a cab, and it would still be way cheaper than the MTL bus.

Seriously though, the Leon bus is great. Safer (crash-wise, theft-wise, every wise) than a cab. Much more comfortable, especially if you are tall. If you need to use the subsequent minibus to transfer to your hotel, though, that can be uncomfortable (especially if you are tall) It might take longer if you have to wait for it, but again it might not because most of the taxis have to wait in line at the toll booths and MTL buses do not; they cruise right through. The closer your hotel or apartment is to their terminal in Retiro (they would prefer you thought it was in Puerto Madero but in fact it is two blocks from the Retiro train station) the better of a choice they are.

Anyone who would use Ana Luna's services would only be doing so because she is better looking than a cab driver. She is seriously, extremely, notoriously unreliable. And, importantly, she is more unreliable on the back end of the trip. If she does not show up to pick you up, there are many other options. If she does not show up to take you to the airport, there are fewer options, especially on say New Year's Day when she stiffed me (the second time she stiffed me) and I had to haul all my luggage out to Avenida Libertador at 5 AM and hope to find a cab (I did)

In fairness my roommate had turned the phones off, but I was up at 4 AM and our appointment was for 4:30. She claims I said 3:30 but tres and cuatro do not sound alike and we are both fairly bilingual. Basically she came early for her own convenience and did not wait until the appointed time. If she gets a better offer she will just leave you in the lurch.

Stormy taking the MTL? No me digas. Mira vos.

Posting Limitations