Thread: Airlines

+ Submit Report
Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

American Airline SFO to EZE us$750+fees special

Flyer talk featured it as a suggested mileage run. AA's wedsite has the cheapest fares they offer, except through consolidators.

San franciso is the special-can search for cheapest connection-miami, jfk / NYC or dfw. I costs less to travel fron sanfrancisco than miami?

Fr

Flew in yesterday and had no problems. Most flights are running but some with long delays

Mongers-

Another option would be to either take a bus or rent a car (driving your own car you can arrive in Asuncion in less than 15 hours) and drive up to Asuncion (ASU) and take a flight from there. From ASU you could take a flight to on GOL to Sao Paulo and then on to Europe on any number of airlines. Other options from ASU would be flights to Lima (several European destinations non-stop) or Santa Cruz de la Sierra (flights to Miami and Madrid).

Suerte,

Rock Harders

Another link for EZE only on Flights

Here Is another link for departures and arrivals at EZE in English

http://www.ifly.com/ezeiza-internati...tus-departures

Just click on the link, it works I just tried it.

Administrator

Venues: 398

Airport Website

Greetings Everyone,

This is a link to the Argentina government's official airport website which has the real time status updates of arrivals and departures at all of the country's airports, including EZE.

http://www.aa2000.com.ar/

There is an option to view an English version of the webpage.

Good luck,

Jackson

Call Air France in the US

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger  [View Original Post]
    Got a mail that they cancel my flight to Paris tomorrow, and basically a have a nice day message!

I tried to go to the airport but no luck or info there.

Called Air France and can not get anyone on the line!
    Stranger,

Use Skype and call Air France in the United States. +1-800-237-2747 I've had fairly good luck getting a rep on the phone in the past. I just tried now and it took a whole (long hold times) but was able to get a rep. See if you can reschedule for Wednesday. If not, get a refund for your ticket and call Delta +1-800-221-1212. Like Air France a member of Sky Team or go to their office at AV Santa Fe 887. Also try American at +1-800-433-7300 or go to their office at Suipacha 1111. Unfortunately, it appears that for the next two days, all international flights from EZE have been cancelled.

If you ABSOLUTELY need to exit BsAs, take an overnight bus to Mendoza and continue from there. You can get a flight from MDZ to either Santiago or Sao Paulo and continue on to CDG. I would suggest Rosario or Cordoba, but I think all flights from those cities connect through Aeroparque. And forget about the BuqueBus to Montevideo. MVD is shut down too.

Good luck!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chezz For This Post:

Anybody knows how to get any info about getting out of the country to Europe?

Got a mail that they cancel my flight to Paris tomorrow, and basically a have a nice day message!

I tried to go to the airport but no luck or info there.

Called Air France and can not get anyone on the line!

EZE Shut Down June 12 23:15

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Star  [View Original Post]
    Flights from EZE June 10 are resuming, since 7PM, of course assuming the respective plane arrived in the 1st place. I passed by AEP at 5PM and it was totally dead.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com
    Am tracking DL 101 from Atlanta, is cancelled and all arrivals after 8AM next morning too.

So if you are here in BsAs and going out on the 13th, your respective plane may not be in town!

Looks like the European flites are in the air, (BA 247 and 510 from Frankfurt) but watch for possible diversions, may not land at EZE.

Fred.

Specializing in Premium Buenos Aires Airport Ytansfers.

www.silverstarcar.com

Quote Originally Posted by Luckyman  [View Original Post]
    Heads up. Flights cancelled. Sadly TAM neglected to send me an email telling me my flight this morning to Asunciķand had been canceled, along with pretty much every other flight as best I could see. Apparently they will be reassessing the situation this afternoon. That's too late for me and I will be canceling my short trip and looking for some local trouble over the weekend.
    Flights from EZE June 10 are resuming, since 7PM, of course assuming the respective plane arrived in the 1st place. I passed by AEP at 5PM and it was totally dead.

Fred www.silverstarcar.com

All flights cancelled

Heads up. Flights cancelled. Sadly TAM neglected to send me an email telling me my flight this morning to Asunciķand had been canceled, along with pretty much every other flight as best I could see. Apparently they will be reassessing the situation this afternoon. That's too late for me and I will be canceling my short trip and looking for some local trouble over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelganger  [View Original Post]
    Go to the TAM webstie and join their rewards club and it seems to make working on the web site easier, IMHO.

I have booked several flights directly from their site with both origin and destination down here. The site supports English with no problem but can be a bit twitchie at times. When I have a problem booking for some reason there is a Florida number listed on the site you can call for assistance, just have the flight number handy and they take care if it with no problem including the payment.

Tried to post the complete English TAM link but it will not post completely, so just go to.

http://www.tam.com.br

And look at the top of the page to change the country. Select United States and go from there. Be sure and enter your new TAM rewards login and password.
    Thanks to both you and Chezz. I hadn't tried Expedia for a while, so that may be a good solution. Also, I've experienced the frustration of trying to navigate TAM's website in English but had never tried joining their rewards program. I've flown them enough so I should have done that long ago. If that makes the website work better, then that's perfect. I appreciate the suggestions from both of you. If you're in BA July 27-29, I owe you each a beer or three. Thanks!

Tam

Go to the TAM webstie and join their rewards club and it seems to make working on the web site easier, IMHO.

I have booked several flights directly from their site with both origin and destination down here. The site supports English with no problem but can be a bit twitchie at times. When I have a problem booking for some reason there is a Florida number listed on the site you can call for assistance, just have the flight number handy and they take care if it with no problem including the payment.

Tried to post the complete English TAM link but it will not post completely, so just go to http://www.tam.com.br and look at the top of the page to change the country - select United States and go from there. Be sure and enter your new TAM rewards login and password.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan the Man  [View Original Post]
    Thanks very much. I've heard AEP has a very bad reputation among pilots for takeoffs and landings, but that's about it.

Off the top of your head, do you know which airlines fly from SDU to AEP? I booked through Orbitz, which is about the only way to get an English interface for international travel on a Brazilian airline. Neither the TAM nor Gol websites work well in English, and their English speaking customer service actually only speak Portuguese.

At any rate, Orbitz didn't show any direct flights from SDU to AEP. Clearly that would be a better way to go, but I assumed that Brazil wasn't letting SDU service international destinations. Sounds like that's not the case.

And, while I'm asking: Does anyone know of a better aggregator for non-US international travel? Last I checked, neither Priceline nor Travelocity would permit one to book travel that both originates and ends in South America. Orbitz will but, as I mentioned, the listed flights would appear to be limited.

Thanks again.
    Stan, I must be mistaken regarding flights out of SDU. Sorry about that. You know, I could have sworn GOL had direct flights. I know I priced them out before, though they were more expensive than into EZE. Maybe it wasn't direct. Hmmm.

In any case, when I'm down here I always book online with Expedia. I use Momondo. Com or Kayak as the aggregator and then head either back to Expedia or directly to the individual airline's Web Site. Unless it's Aerolineas Argnetinas, in which case I only buy their tickets through Expedia.

Quote Originally Posted by Chezz  [View Original Post]
    You'll enjoy flying into Aeroparque (AEP) much more than EZE. In fact, if you're flying out of Rio, there's actually some flights out of Santos Dumont (SDU) now that are much more convenient that flying out of GIG. Regarding AEP, as it's your first point of entry, you'll need to clear customs. But in any case, a much better option than Ezeiza. Also, it's not so close to Puerto Madero. It's actually closer to Palermo Chico and the athletic clubs, right next to the water. You'll enjoy the view of the city on approach. Get a seat on the right.

And yes, if your friend hasn't paid his tourist tax, he'll need to pay it at Aeroparque. Good for 10 years.

Cheers.
    Thanks very much. I've heard AEP has a very bad reputation among pilots for takeoffs and landings, but that's about it.

Off the top of your head, do you know which airlines fly from SDU to AEP? I booked through Orbitz, which is about the only way to get an English interface for international travel on a Brazilian airline. Neither the TAM nor Gol websites work well in English, and their English speaking customer service actually only speak Portuguese.

At any rate, Orbitz didn't show any direct flights from SDU to AEP. Clearly that would be a better way to go, but I assumed that Brazil wasn't letting SDU service international destinations. Sounds like that's not the case.

And, while I'm asking: Does anyone know of a better aggregator for non-US international travel? Last I checked, neither Priceline nor Travelocity would permit one to book travel that both originates and ends in South America. Orbitz will but, as I mentioned, the listed flights would appear to be limited.

Thanks again.

Posting Limitations