This forum thread is moderated by Admin

What are about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Tres3  [View Original Post]
    I love Christmas lights! They remind me of the people who voted for Obama.

They all hang together; half of them don't work, and and the ones that do, aren't all that bright!

Tres3.
    So you are claiming that you are the Silver Star atop the Christmas tree? Too many people wearing a big Ego medallion on their chest around here just because they can spell a few words.

Venues: 8
    I had to post this, as I thought it was kind of funny (actually bust a gut at the last paragraph). Jackson and I just recently had a discussion about this, where we turned out we were arguing the same basic premise, just to different degrees.

Still, as historian Michael Beschloss pronounced the day after his election, he’s “probably the smartest guy ever to become president.” Naturally, Obama shares this assessment. As he assured us five years ago, “I know more about policies on any particular issue than my policy directors.” Well, apart from his signature health-care policy. That’s a mystery to him. “I was not informed directly that the website would not be working,” he told us. The buck stops with something called “the executive branch,” which is apparently nothing to do with him. As evidence that he was entirely out of the loop, he offered this:

Had I been I informed, I wouldn’t be going out saying, “Boy, this is going to be great.” You know, I’m accused of a lot of things, but I don’t think I’m stupid enough to go around saying, “This is going to be like shopping on Amazon or Travelocity,” a week before the website opens, if I thought that it wasn’t going to work.

Ooooo-kay. So, if I follow correctly, the smartest president ever is not smart enough to ensure that his website works; he’s not smart enough to inquire of others as to whether his website works; he’s not smart enough to check that his website works before he goes out and tells people what a great website experience they’re in for. But he is smart enough to know that he’s not stupid enough to go around bragging about how well it works if he’d already been informed that it doesn’t work. So he’s smart enough to know that if he’d known what he didn’t know he’d know enough not to let it be known that he knew nothing. The country’s in the very best of hands.
    This is from an article (http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ama-mark-steyn) accusing Obama of acting like a king.

In my opinion, where JFK was associated with King Arthur and Camelot, the same was tried with Obama but it seems to me he comes across as more King John Lackland of England, famous for having had the Magna Carta forced on him and such a bad king (lost land to France, was cruel and vindictive in his rule, etc) there was never another named John, as I understand.

King Obama Lackplan of America.

Congrats for NO parsing

Quote Originally Posted by RockHarders  [View Original Post]
    You are the only one here lacking facts; you are speculating about what a possible outcome MIGHT have been and have no actual empirical evidence to back up anything you are claiming. The FACT is that both GM and Chrysler were BANKRUPT, were saved from liquidation (meaning EXISTING jobs and EXISTING factories continued to EXIST) and today are earning BILLIONS. The most likely outcome of allowing GM and Chrysler to implode is that Japanese automakers would have absorbed the additional demand for cars through their own factories and employees. Regarding what was "legally correct", the entire TARP program was with no precedent and on dubious legal ground before it was invented on the fly and implemented to stop the US economy from grinding to a halt.
    Congratulations to all you Political pundits for not parsing the piss out of this subject.

I enjoyed your Executive Summaries posted to the point.

Its really nice not to have to wade through countless boxes of unconnected thoughts.

Jackpot.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    You are the only one here lacking facts; you are speculating about what a possible outcome MIGHT have been and have no actual empirical evidence to back up anything you are claiming. The FACT is that both GM and Chrysler were BANKRUPT, were saved from liquidation (meaning EXISTING jobs and EXISTING factories continued to EXIST) and today are earning BILLIONS. The most likely outcome of allowing GM and Chrysler to implode is that Japanese automakers would have absorbed the additional demand for cars through their own factories and employees. Regarding what was "legally correct", the entire TARP program was with no precedent and on dubious legal ground before it was invented on the fly and implemented to stop the US economy from grinding to a halt.
    You're right. I can't PROVE that my scenario would have come to fruition, any more than you can PROVE that it wouldn't have happened, but the history of the human race has repeatedly and consistently PROVEN that entrepreneurs will step in and meet any unfilled market demand.

However, it's possible that you have no faith in the free market system.

BTW, if your belief that "Japanese automakers would have absorbed the additional demand for cars through their own factories and employees." was true (which you also can't PROVE), then why are Japanese, German and other foreign car makers rushing to build auto factories in the USA, abet in non-union "Right to Work" states?

Thanks,

Jax

Of course, the most important thing to liberals is that we're not talking about the ObamaCare diaster!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    More liberal hyperbole, designed to sway the emotions of the LIV.

The truth is that the demand for cars would still exist, and thus the need for the factories and their workers would still exist, and thus ultimately the only difference would have been the company name on the side of the building.

Of course, Obama wouldn't have had the opportunity to strip the GM bondholders of their equity and then give it to the unions, but he needed their support regardless of what was legally correct.

You liberals need to up your game here because the drivel you usually pitch to the LIV's just isn't going to work in this intellectually elevated venue.

Thanks,

Jax.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rock Harders For This Post:

Christmas 2013

I love Christmas lights! They remind me of the people who voted for Obama.

They all hang together; half of them don't work, and and the ones that do, aren't all that bright!

Tres3.

Administrator

Mongers-.

The right wing fascists on this forum, led by Jackson himself, bashed the auto bailouts and were willing to let both GM and Chrysler be liquidated and allow millions of workers to lose their jobs. GM is now sitting on a $26 billion cash pile and Chrysler is looking at a $10 billion valuation for its soon to come IPO; the US Treasury will liquidate its final 2% of GM holdings before year end. The entire US auto industry has surpassed pre-crisis sales figures and are making genuinely competitive vehicles; if Jackson and his fascist lackies (Punter, Toyman, Sidney, etc) had their way only Ford would exist millions of well-paid workers would have footholds in the fast food and retail industries earning minimum wage.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-1...ar-end-1-.html
    More liberal hyperbole, designed to sway the emotions of the LIV.

The truth is that the demand for cars would still exist, and thus the need for the factories and their workers would still exist, and thus ultimately the only difference would have been the company name on the side of the building.

Of course, Obama wouldn't have had the opportunity to strip the GM bondholders of their equity and then give it to the unions, but he needed their support regardless of what was legally correct.

You liberals need to up your game here because the drivel you usually pitch to the LIV's just isn't going to work in this intellectually elevated venue.

Thanks,

Jax.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

Outsourcing

WT, explain this: CGI Federal is the USA Arm of a Canadian company.

Outscourcing

This is what anti union jobs lead to.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...00&fr2=piv-web

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3174732.html

http://accountingfuture.wordpress.co...d-job-markets/

http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2...apses-kill-11/

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/27/op...odel.html?_r=0

http://outsourcingandthedollar.blogspot.com/

http://science.time.com/2013/04/29/f...tory-collapse/

Jackson have ever really did {done} a physical days work in your life? Do you know what a shovel is?

Now you're quoting Aljazeera as a news source? Jajajajaja!

Anyway, the article you referred to is titled "Workers allege union busting at government contractor in Georgia".

That's not exactly the same as "Dept. Of Justice attorneys secured a conviction for union busting at government contractor in Georgia".

I challenged you "to find one example in the past 10 years where a federal investigation resulted in a conviction in a case where company employees were intimidated into refraining from voting in a unionization vote by agents of the company."

What you presented was "Allegations made by workers to Aljazeera reporters".

Do you see the difference?

Once again, you need to up your game because there aren't very many LIV (Low Information Voters) on this website, so the usual liberal drivel won't fly.

Thanks,

Jax.

Mongers-.

The right wing fascists on this forum, led by Jackson himself, bashed the auto bailouts and were willing to let both GM and Chrysler be liquidated and allow millions of workers to lose their jobs. GM is now sitting on a $26 billion cash pile and Chrysler is looking at a $10 billion valuation for its soon to come IPO; the US Treasury will liquidate its final 2% of GM holdings before year end. The entire US auto industry has surpassed pre-crisis sales figures and are making genuinely competitive vehicles; if Jackson and his fascist lackies (Punter, Toyman, Sidney, etc) had their way only Ford would exist millions of well-paid workers would have footholds in the fast food and retail industries earning minimum wage.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-1...ar-end-1-.html

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rock Harders For This Post:

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTravel69  [View Original Post]
    Here is one.

http://america.aljazeera.com/article...thgaplant.html

I remember some that happened in the past, but I can not remember the company names.

Yes, the Printers Union lost many jobs because of Outsourcing.

Why pay Union wages, if you can pay someone $1 or $2 a day to do the work, with no health care benefits.

Oh yes, you mean the 8 stories that collapsed killing the textile workers. Remember the illustration I posted?
    Now you're quoting Aljazeera as a news source? Jajajajaja!

Anyway, the article you referred to is titled "Workers allege union busting at government contractor in Georgia".

That's not exactly the same as "Dept. Of Justice attorneys secured a conviction for union busting at government contractor in Georgia".

I challenged you "to find one example in the past 10 years where a federal investigation resulted in a conviction in a case where company employees were intimidated into refraining from voting in a unionization vote by agents of the company."

What you presented was "Allegations made by workers to Aljazeera reporters".

Do you see the difference?

Once again, you need to up your game because there aren't very many LIV (Low Information Voters) on this website, so the usual liberal drivel won't fly.

Thanks,

Jax.

Intimidations

Here is one.

http://america.aljazeera.com/article...thgaplant.html

I remember some that happened in the past, but I can not remember the company names.

Yes, the Printers Union lost many jobs because of Outsourcing.

Why pay Union wages, if you can pay someone $1 or $2 a day to do the work, with no health care benefits.

Oh yes, you mean the 8 stories that collapsed killing the textile workers. Remember the illustration I posted?

WT,

I assume that you know that the DOJ investigates allegations of employee intimidation in unionization votes, right?

I defy you to find one example in the past 10 years where a federal investigation resulted in a conviction in a case where company employees were intimidated into refraining from voting in a unionization vote by agents of the company.

Of course, it's entirely possible that the company employees know that the unions will eventually destroy their jobs.

Does anybody remember the 1979 movie "Norma Rae" in which the union organizers were successful in organizing the textile factory where Norma worked.

Does anybody know what actually happened to the textile industry in the South after the wave of factory unionization's? That's right, in the next 30 years, all of those factories closed and the jobs moved overseas.

I understand the same thing happened to the printing industry in San Francisco, but I could be mistaken.

Thanks,

Jackson.

"Facts aren't important to liberals. Only emotion is important."

I apologize for disturbing your day.

From Steven Hayward, Forbes, November 11,2013.

"While liberals are in dismay, they should recognized that ObamaCare may well have achieved its chief purpose of making universal care or at least greatly expanded health coverage a fixture of American social policy.

So, stop the foaming at your mouth!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Rev BS For This Post:

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTravel69  [View Original Post]
    I have heard this so many times. The workers are afraid to vote for the Union because if they did they would be fired.
    WT,

I assume that you know that the DOJ investigates allegations of employee intimidation in unionization votes, right?

I defy you to find one example in the past 10 years where a federal investigation resulted in a conviction in a case where company employees were intimidated into refraining from voting in a unionization vote by agents of the company.

Of course, it's entirely possible that the company employees know that the unions will eventually destroy their jobs.

Does anybody remember the 1979 movie "Norma Rae" in which the union organizers were successful in organizing the textile factory where Norma worked.

Does anybody know what actually happened to the textile industry in the South after the wave of factory unionization's? That's right, in the next 30 years, all of those factories closed and the jobs moved overseas.

I understand the same thing happened to the printing industry in San Francisco, but I could be mistaken.

Thanks,

Jackson.

"Facts aren't important to liberals. Only emotion is important."

Ben Carson

Washington Times, November 19,2013.

"The law was a costly mistake, but at least it started us on the road to much needed health care reform, and it authors can be proud of the fact."

A nice way to say "let's work together". But for the Hatfields vs McCoys feud. Shi'a vs Sunni. The issues are irrelevant, the ideology reign supreme. The extremists in America are no different from the Muslim fundamentalists that we so despise. So proud, so stubborn, so divisive. Sitting so pretty, feeling good & dismissive just because they have a little more cash in their pockets than the other guy

Did you oppose voting rights, women's rights, labor rights like your forefathers? Who are you?

Posting Limitations