Thread: ATM's

+ Submit Report
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

I have a debit visa card from my Federal Credit Union, which serves as ATM as well; it has PLUS and NYCE signs on it. I always use it around the World, so to speak. I do not know which rate I am getting here: I assume that the rate in all ATM's is pretty good -- this is what I always hear.

What kind of card do you have? Are you paying the 15 peso charge on each withdrawal? What's the exchange rate you are getting?

Quote Originally Posted by Potemkin
    I guess you need to have Citibank's own ATM card to enjoy higher amounts and lower fees.
    Untrue. I don't have a Citibank ATM card and pull $1,500 pesos as often as I like using the Citibank machine. Never Banelco. I'm guessing your card is somehow incompatible with the Citi machine. Sounds like you might want to research your card / bank and see what the deal is.

Good luck

Citibank ATM's

I went to Citibank near Alvear Palace, and got the same treatment as in all other banks: 1000 max and 16 pesos fee. Only one ATM (marked Banelco) accepted my card, others (Citibank terminals) did not, no matter how close they were to the front door.

I guess you need to have Citibank's own ATM card to enjoy higher amounts and lower fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato Hunter
    The citybank near the Alvear Palace let me take out 4k pesos at one shot a few months ago. It gives the last 100 in change also, one 50 and 5 10's.

There are 5 atms, the 2 closest to the bank entrance are the ones you want.

I have been using it for years, I hope it does not change!
    That's great to know, I had gone there and only got 1KAR!

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

English Speaking Executive Airport Transfers in BsAs

The citybank near the Alvear Palace let me take out 4k pesos at one shot a few months ago. It gives the last 100 in change also, one 50 and 5 10's.

There are 5 atms, the 2 closest to the bank entrance are the ones you want.

I have been using it for years, I hope it does not change!

Quote Originally Posted by Potemkin
    I went to three different Citibank ATM's, and they all had the same limit of 1000 pesos and charged that outrageous fee of 15 peses, as all the other ATM's in BA. Now, I have an ATM card which has international CURRIS sign on it, and a NYCE sign as well, but it is not a Citibank card; I am not a Citibank customer. Perhaps this is the reason for a discrepancy between the recommendation here and my own experience. There were Citibank terminals there which did not accept my card at all, and in each banch there was one "Cojero Automatico" terminal which did, but was as bad as all the other ones in BA.

I hate to pay those high fees, plus my own bank fee, and all of this for a relatively small amount of money.
    The Citibank ATM at Santa Fe near Pued. Ave gives out 2,500AR, but only the 1st machine closest to the door, furthest to the left. The others give out 1,000AR.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

¨For when you want the best and safest way to and from the airport¨

Citibank also charges a fee

I went to three different Citibank ATM's, and they all had the same limit of 1000 pesos and charged that outrageous fee of 15 peses, as all the other ATM's in BA. Now, I have an ATM card which has international CURRIS sign on it, and a NYCE sign as well, but it is not a Citibank card; I am not a Citibank customer. Perhaps this is the reason for a discrepancy between the recommendation here and my own experience. There were Citibank terminals there which did not accept my card at all, and in each banch there was one "Cojero Automatico" terminal which did, but was as bad as all the other ones in BA.

I hate to pay those high fees, plus my own bank fee, and all of this for a relatively small amount of money.

Atm?

Quote Originally Posted by Benjoe
    What is the general cash limit at the ATMS?

Thanks
    A. T. M?

Would that be an ¨Ass to Mouth ¨Chica?

Citi-Bank allows about 2500.00 pesos per day I think.

TL.

Chicas are quite a bit less per deposit or withdrawal!

By the way, try to receive as many small bils as possible!

Nobody except chicas and clubs accept change and never ever give a taxi driver a hundred peso bill!

Quote Originally Posted by Oliverito80
    Dear visitors.

I've lived here in Buenos Aires now for over 7 months and I always withdraw money from various Citibank ATMs throughout the whole city like in Avenida Santa Fe, Florida and Perron, Callao and Alvear or from the one in front of Galeria Pacifico. I think Citibank now is the only bank that doesn't charge you an additional 11.42 Pesos to your bank regular bank fees (for me U$4.5 with UBS Switzerland) for each withdrawal. A big advantage is that they've modernized all their ATM's the past two months and you can get big amounts from them (already got 4000 Pesos at one time! Most others like HSBC, Rio Santander or Galicia will let you only withdraw 700-900 Pesos at one time with the before mentioned 11.42 extra fee on top of it. Never had any problems with counterfeits at Citibank either!

So certainly a good, economical and safe choice!

Have fun withdrawing!
    Where did you get 4,000 pesos from? I tried the Citibank on Alvear and Callao and it limited me to only $1,000 pesos

ATM's

Thanks
    My ATM Cards limit me to 1000 pesos a day (Bank of America and Patelco Credit Union) the fees are high, $15pesos per transaction, and a horrible exchange. Moral of the story, bring enough cash for your trip (USD) and buy Pesos at Banco de la Nacion at the airport, or downtown for a slightly better rate. Do not change money at Global Exchange, they have the worst rates in town.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

English Speaking Premium Private Car Services in Buenos Aires

Thanks

Do the ATMs work 24/7 or just on weekdays? Thanks.
    24/7 in Buenos Aires, though any particular ATM may be unavailable for whatever reason. Also they often run out of money on Sundays.

Do the ATMs work 24/7 or just on weekdays? Thanks.

Venues: 8

In 4 years of living here, and using my ATM card at least once a week, I have never lost a card in a machine. I'm sure it happens, but no more often than, say, the States (where I also never lost a card)

But as Doggboy says, Citibank has the kind of machine you put the card in and pull it out again to read it. There's one at Callao and Alvear, one near 9 de Julio on Santa Fe, between 9 de Julio and Libertad, another within a block or two of Callao on Santa Fe. Also on Corrientes almost at the corner of Callao.

I HAVE tried to get money out of an ATM, the machine cogitates and makes like it's counting the money, then says "Please take your cash" when there is nothing there. On looking later, I discovered that indeed I was charged the amount I should have received but didn't. The first two times this happened I panicked, talked to the local bank and my bank, and was told by both that this was not uncommon and the bank who operates the ATM would give me a credit within a day or two. I didn't even have to file a claim. This has happened to me 4 times over the last 4 years, once at a Citibank ATM, and every time I have indeed received a refund within two days, usually within one.

BTW - I don't know if this is my bank, or something to do with some ATMS here or what, but I found out that I am getting bad conversion rates when I go to banks other than Citi.

That is, I know that Macro and Standard gave me HORRIBLE conversion rates, consistently, checking it in my account later. 3.77 last week, when a Citibank ATM gave me 3.92 the same week.

My bank only charges me $1.50 per transaction and I never get charged local ATM fees. So I'm not sure exactly why the bad exchange rate if it's not originating from the bank that operates the ATM.

At any rate, I now try to restrict my withdrawals to Citibank and for other reasons as well, such as I don't have a limit on how much I can take out at Citibank ATMs, except for the limit my bank itself puts on ATM withdrawals.

BTW - notice that in Citibank there are two different types of ATMs, as well as bill-paying machines. Citibank has regular Banelco ATMs that will act like an ATM in any other location - I. E. It will screw you on rate and not give you your ATM limit.

Make sure you go to the modern-looking machines, with touchscreen access. But their bill-paying machines look similar to that, so make sure you go to one that says ATM.

+ Submit Report
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Posting Limitations