Thread: American Politics during the Bush Presidency

+ Submit Report
Page 6 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by Thomaso276

Figures

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz
    So I went to vote today and as everybody knows I've been supporting Obama as long as this has been going on. As I walked in to the poll they had a poster of Obama / Biden and McCain / Palin on the walls. I had to wait a bit to vote and something was bugging me. I couldn't put my finger on it, but I was really uncomfortable. I stepped behind the screen and hit a strait Dem ticket, ran through the referendums and hit vote, then a screen came up for me to confirm and I reached out to do it. At that moment it hit me, I just couldn't vote to put a fucking niger in the White House. I thought I was a better person but I wasn't, I just couldn't put his black ass in power, I knew welfare would triple and all the rest of those monkeys would think they had it made. I backed out my vote and changed it to McCain.

As if. Psych!
    I have always said you cannot make decisions, you sick fuck! I guess that is why you go through so many chicas-you cannot cannot decide which hole to explore-what a pervert!

negro is going to washington

;-) Its a great country!

election

Obama 174, McAngryOldGuy 64. I think it's going to be a slaughter.

It was really weird

So I went to vote today and as everybody knows I've been supporting Obama as long as this has been going on. As I walked in to the poll they had a poster of Obama / Biden and McCain / Palin on the walls. I had to wait a bit to vote and something was bugging me. I couldn't put my finger on it, but I was really uncomfortable. I stepped behind the screen and hit a strait Dem ticket, ran through the referendums and hit vote, then a screen came up for me to confirm and I reached out to do it. At that moment it hit me, I just couldn't vote to put a fucking niger in the White House. I thought I was a better person but I wasn't, I just couldn't put his black ass in power, I knew welfare would triple and all the rest of those monkeys would think they had it made. I backed out my vote and changed it to McCain.

As if. Psych!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Harders
    Mongers,

El Alamo will be showing Live Election Coverage, in English on CNN and Fox News, well into the night. If Obama wins tonight, there will be a round of beers on the house.

Suerte,

Rock Harders
    Rock,.

That's fantastic but what happens if McCain wins? Perhaps a round of insecticide (kool aid) on the house.

Suerte

Quote Originally Posted by El Alamo
    Gauntlet.

I hope you are correct. We had another President who was elected at a young age, John Fitzgerald Kennedy, who know more about the ecomomy than most people think. Probably because his dad was a giant on Wall Street.

Maybe we will have the same luck with Obama. Maybe he knows more about the economy than most people think. I hope so. At the very least he will not continue with the deficit spending lunacy that we have now. At least I hope not.
    El Alamo,

Well I don't know whether Obama knows that much about the economy. But since the stock market is fueled by emotion, he himself doesn't need to have a deep economic background to lead the country out of this mess. What he does have is that rare ability to inspire people to believe in themselves and in the future. That is worth more than a Nobel Prize in economics at this juncture.

His speech tonight after the election will be historic. A possible turning point in the mood of the United States and of the world. If he restores people's faith and gives people hope, I sense a hell of a rally in the markets tomorrow.

Good luck to us all!

Smile

Professor ousted after tearing down McCain yard signs.

The St. Olaf (Northfield, Minn. Professor who, in a well-read Huffington Post item, recounted tearing down McCain campaign signs has resigned.

Per the Northfield News, it appears that Philip Busse was forced out.

St. Olaf spokesman David Gonnerman issued the following statement Monday afternoon:

"The St. Olaf College administration first learned of Phil Busse's self-admitted theft and destruction of campaign signs on the morning of Oct. 31 as a result of his posting on the Internet.

"The St. Olaf administration immediately referred the matter to local law enforcement authorities and commenced an investigation of its own.

"Mr. Busse has tendered his resignation and is no longer affiliated with St. Olaf College.

Busse has been charged with misdemeanor theft.

******I hope nobody on this board does anything as stupid as this.

Believe me, this election is not worth it. We will survive whoever wins.

I liked it better when all we did was CHASE PUSSY *****

Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlet77
    U. S. Stocks Advance in Biggest Election Day Rally Since 1984

By Elizabeth Stanton.

Nov. 4 (Bloomberg) -- U. S. Stocks advanced in the biggest presidential Election Day rally in 24 years, led by energy and banking shares, on higher commodity prices and speculation the Treasury will bail out more financial companies.

General Electric Co. Added 7.7 percent and CIT Group Inc. And Principal Financial Group Inc. Climbed more than 20 percent after people briefed on the matter said the government may broaden the focus of its rescue program. Exxon Mobil Corp. And Chevron Corp. Led all 40 energy shares in the Standard & Poor's 500 Index higher as oil gained more than $7 a barrel. Archer Daniels Midland Co. Rose as much as 22 percent after profit more than doubled at the world's largest grain processor.

'The market has come to the conclusion that Armageddon is off the table,'' said Philip Orlando, who helps manage $330 billion as chief equity strategist at Federated Investors Inc. In New York. 'The elimination of the uncertainty of the campaign typically results in an end-of-year rally and you're starting to see that today.''

The Standard & Poor's 500 Index added 33.82 points, or 3.5 percent, to 1,000.12 at 1:08 p. M. In New York, its first day above 1,000 since Oct. 14. The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 265.15 points, or 2.9 percent, to 9,584.98. The Nasdaq Composite Index advanced 51.1, or 3 percent, to 1,777.43. Gains in Europe and Asia sent the MSCI World Index to a sixth straight advance.

Today's gains in the S & P 500 and Dow average were the biggest ever for a presidential Election Day. The NYSE first opened for trading during a presidential vote in 1984. The S & P 500 averaged a 0.3 percent gain on those days since then.
    Gauntlet.

I hope you are correct. We had another President who was elected at a young age, John Fitzgerald Kennedy, who know more about the ecomomy than most people think. Probably because his dad was a giant on Wall Street.

Maybe we will have the same luck with Obama. Maybe he knows more about the economy than most people think. I hope so. At the very least he will not continue with the deficit spending lunacy that we have now. At least I hope not.

Let's Just Call It The Obama Rally Shall We?

U. S. Stocks Advance in Biggest Election Day Rally Since 1984

By Elizabeth Stanton.

Nov. 4 (Bloomberg) -- U. S. Stocks advanced in the biggest presidential Election Day rally in 24 years, led by energy and banking shares, on higher commodity prices and speculation the Treasury will bail out more financial companies.

General Electric Co. Added 7.7 percent and CIT Group Inc. And Principal Financial Group Inc. Climbed more than 20 percent after people briefed on the matter said the government may broaden the focus of its rescue program. Exxon Mobil Corp. And Chevron Corp. Led all 40 energy shares in the Standard & Poor's 500 Index higher as oil gained more than $7 a barrel. Archer Daniels Midland Co. Rose as much as 22 percent after profit more than doubled at the world's largest grain processor.

'The market has come to the conclusion that Armageddon is off the table,'' said Philip Orlando, who helps manage $330 billion as chief equity strategist at Federated Investors Inc. In New York. 'The elimination of the uncertainty of the campaign typically results in an end-of-year rally and you're starting to see that today.''

The Standard & Poor's 500 Index added 33.82 points, or 3.5 percent, to 1,000.12 at 1:08 p. M. In New York, its first day above 1,000 since Oct. 14. The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 265.15 points, or 2.9 percent, to 9,584.98. The Nasdaq Composite Index advanced 51.1, or 3 percent, to 1,777.43. Gains in Europe and Asia sent the MSCI World Index to a sixth straight advance.

Today's gains in the S & P 500 and Dow average were the biggest ever for a presidential Election Day. The NYSE first opened for trading during a presidential vote in 1984. The S & P 500 averaged a 0.3 percent gain on those days since then.

Mongers,

El Alamo will be showing Live Election Coverage, in English on CNN and Fox News, well into the night. If Obama wins tonight, there will be a round of beers on the house.

Suerte,

Rock Harders

Which Party does the Stock Market do better with?

Very Interesting story.

http://www.sfgate.com/columns/networth/

We're going to be sorry regardless of who wins. Prepare for more of the same: higher taxes, more regulation, continued hollowing out of American industry, and, my personal favorite, more war.

Venues: 8
    I am so ambivalent on the selection of president due to the choices available that I really haven't had much input on this discussion. However, I had to comment on this one statement:

Quote Originally Posted by Gipse
    National Security: Any concerns I had about Obama were allevialed with the endorsement of Colin Powell. Obama wants an end to the Iraq war which has nothing to do with National Security. Obama wants more troops in Afghanistan which has everything to do with National Security.
    After Powell's obvious fronting (whether as an unwitting pawn, or an enthusiastic participant, or somewhere in between) for the Bush administration's setting up of invading Iraq, how much strength of word can he really carry for convincing someone on this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney
    CAPITAL GAINS TAX.

MCCAIN.

0% on home sales up to $500,000 per home (couples) McCain does not propose any change in existing home sales income tax.

OBAMA.

28% on profit from ALL home sales.
    This is a flat out lie that's been debunked any number of times. You should be ashamed of yourself for passing on this kind of crap without taking the minimum amount of time it takes to do a simple fact check.

When I see someone passing around one of this e-mails, and I see the "28% on profit from all home sales" quote, I know immediately that the entire e-mail is just right-wing fear mongering, and that the sender is either a complete idiot or a right-wing fear monger himself.

What next, Sid? Obama fathered two children with a black woman? LOL!

Well Done

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson
    Actually, it was a nicely balanced conversation.

Rock, you and all the other guys who participated all did a great job!

Thanks,

Jackson.

PS: How come nobody wore their "argentinaprivate. Com" tee shirts?
    I agree, though I wouldn't have been offended if somebody had slapped the DJ weirdo. RH can sure speak the lingo.

+ Submit Report
Page 6 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 ... LastLast

Posting Limitations