Thread: Cafe Exedra has been sold!

+ Submit Report
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
This blog is moderated by TejanoLibre

Hi Jackson,

Let me add a common practice is to put a sign with "cerrado por remodelaciones" ("closed for renovation") for a few days to make people to believe they are not out of the business, they are improving it. This least for few days or weeks, then you'll see a "for rent" sign.

I also think it's a dumb practice, I've also thought they use this strategy to operate a negotiation with the owners regarding the rentals (in the menctioned cases, when they get out of business because the rental increases) But I'm still not sure about it. Another possibility it's "show must go on" policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson
    Can anyone explain why it is that all the people associated with Exedra (waiters, girls, patrons) are so hesitant about divulging what is going on there? With the way you have to pry any info out of them, you would think that they're being asked to reveal state secrets.

Why all the secrecy?

Why are people afraid to speak?

Why doesn't the management of Exedra just post an announcement advising everyone of their upcoming closure?

Is this some mysterious part of Argentine society that we don't understand?

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Jackson

I never cared much for the place but some of the old timers seem to love it. I am just wondering what they are going to do with the locale. The location is pretty nice. I am thinking classy restaurant.

You didn't offend anyone Monster, some dudes on here just like talking shit to newbies. Happens all the time. Keep posting, and when you get into town, be sure to post reviews.

Regards,

BM.

OMR strikes again!

Don't worry about it Monster. There are people here like Doggboy who think they know everything and flame people instead of explaining things. Same with 127 he get on you about spelling but says nothing to libre about the spelling in the thread. It is just more "old man rage". Ignore it and have a great time in BA.

Administrator

Venues: 398

Why all the secrecy?

Quote Originally Posted by Punter 127
    Last night (Sunday) a chica told me "only four more days for Exedra". She could not or would not provided more details, but she was very upset about it.
    Can anyone explain why it is that all the people associated with Exedra (waiters, girls, patrons) are so hesitant about divulging what is going on there? With the way you have to pry any info out of them, you would think that they're being asked to reveal state secrets.

Why all the secrecy?

Why are people afraid to speak?

Why doesn't the management of Exedra just post an announcement advising everyone of their upcoming closure?

Is this some mysterious part of Argentine society that we don't understand?

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Monster
    my intention was not to offend. I was just wondering what all the hoopla was about.
    Nice explanation by Monger514. Monster-do yourself a favor and wait until you get to Buenos Aires before you start offering opinions on cafes, illegalities and such. IMHO anybody who launches into multi critiques / comments about people and a place before they get to that place has earned a blunt rebuke. I stand by that. Control your excitement. You'll be here soon enough.

My intention was not to offend. I was just wondering what all the hoopla was about.

my apologies for the mispelling.

And to dogboy, I do not know what your problem is but I just typed my opinion in a respectful manner. You are the one acting like an idiot. I will be in Argentine in two weeks. And I seriously hope people down there are nicer than you appear to be.
    I usually wince a little when I see forum veterans come down on newbies, but when you said.

So from what I gather, excedra is a bar where you can pick up street walkers? No offense, but this doesn't sound like some great loss. I am sure there are plenty more in Argentina.
    I think you made every single member of the board sigh, groan, laugh, or want to strangle you. You really should read just a little bit before you say something like that, it really did come off as ignorant and perhaps even offensive. Nothing personal, but just so you know why DB reacted the way he did.

My apologies for the mispelling.

And to dogboy, I do not know what your problem is but I just typed my opinion in a respectful manner. You are the one acting like an idiot. I will be in Argentine in two weeks. And I seriously hope people down there are nicer than you appear to be.

so from what I gather, excedra is a bar where you can pick up street walkers? No offense, but this doesn't sound like some great loss. I am sure there are plenty more in Argentina.
    Who is this fucking idiot? Redondo's brother?

I simply read the spelling on the thread topic.
    I know Tejano Libre mis spelled it as well when he started the thread.

I simply read the spelling on the thread topic.

I hope you find a replacement by the time I arrive. It sounds like it was a fun place.

So from what I gather, Excedra is a bar where you can pick up street walkers? No offense, but this doesn't sound like some great loss. I am sure there are plenty more in Argentina.
    It is a coffee shop not a bar, and no offense but "Exedra" has no "C".

Exedra has been a meeting place for many monger for many years, and it will be missed by many.

S from what I gather, Excedra is a bar where you can pick up street walkers? No offense, but this doesn't sound like some great loss. I am sure there are plenty more in Argentina.

Question Four More Days

Last night (Sunday) a chica told me "only four more days for Exedra". She could not or would not provided more details, but she was very upset about it.

I suspect many of the Exedra chicas will end up as street walkers.

Many Rumors!

I have heard numerous rumors concerning Excedra.

That it has been sold to Round Point. May become a trendy resto-bar if that is the case. A car dealership / bar / resto is what I think that would be. Like the Ferrari, Audi or Cooper bars on Libertador. Stupid gimmick in my opinion.

That it will be open till 2 p.m only. NO HOS!

What else? Banco de la Nacion. Maybe? Don't think so though.

Grocery store. Chinese.

MONEY LAUNDERING LOCATION. More believable!

Who knows? Feb. 18th. Seems to be the day that that I last heard.

We shall see.

By the way, I fully appreciate everyone's opinions concerning some of my ideas with Lálliance and I welcome them all. Keep them coming please!

Take Care,

Ramiro
    Last edited by TejanoLibre; 01-16-08 at 22:23. Reason: spelling error

Posting Limitations