Thread: U. S. Taxes on Worldwide Income

+ Submit Report
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
This blog is moderated by Moore
    Retired Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny12
    OK, Now I get it. Tom Daschle, Timothy Geithner, Al Franken, Leona Helmsley, Exon123 -- the reason Democrats don't care whether taxes go up is because they don't intend to pay them anyway.
    My taxs are paid on time every quarter.

Exon

OK, Now I get it. Tom Daschle, Timothy Geithner, Al Franken, Leona Helmsley, Exon123 -- the reason Democrats don't care whether taxes go up is because they don't intend to pay them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Exon123
    Then I'd spend the entire amount on "Hoe's" and booze, the rest I'd just waste.

Exon
    Exon, just a little credit to one of our predecessors:

"I spent all my money on booze, broads and fast cars. The rest I just pissed away."

George Raft's response to an IRS agent.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    The tax's are taken out before they give you the check, this topic is moot.

Exon
    Exon, you've once again again shown your wordsmithing abilities.

What an excellent pun, given that taxes are possessive.

Ha, ha.

Jackson

You guys could spend a million dollars on ho's and booze?

fuck yeh

Exon
    Me too fuck Uncle Sam

Retired Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moore
    As mentioned, assume that the income is not taxable in Argentina, where it is paid.

Exon

As mentioned, assume that the income is not taxable in Argentina, where it is paid.

9. 10-19-08 19:07

Retired Member

Some of you guys have been discussing high U. S. Tax rates on the American Politics thread. As we all know, such taxes are generally applicable to your worldwide income.

So here's a hypothetical question for tax / financial gurus.

Let's say you won the national lottery of Argentina for the equivalent of USD 1 million and that lottery winnings are not taxable by Argentina.

The USA is going to tax that at around 40% depending on your state, chopping your 1 million down to around 600k.

So what would you do - transfer the money to Switzerland or the Caymans? Buy some apartments in Buenos Aires? Transfer all the funds to the USA and pay the IRS 400 grand? Other?

Are there any reasonable loopholes for such a scenario?

Exon

Some of you guys have been discussing high U. S. Tax rates on the American Politics thread. As we all know, such taxes are generally applicable to your worldwide income.

Let's say you won the national lottery of Argentina for the equivalent of USD 1 million and that lottery winnings are not taxable by Argentina.

The USA is going to tax that at around 40% depending on your state, chopping your 1 million down to around 600k.

So what would you do - transfer the money to Switzerland or the Caymans? Buy some apartments in Buenos Aires? Transfer all the funds to the USA and pay the IRS 400 grand?

There are no loopholes. You pay the tax or you break the law. The Cayman Islands and Switzerland now share information with the IRS. You can leave the money in Argentina or create dummy foreign companies with dummy directors and try and hide the money, but that's still illegal, and not worth the risk or the expense IMHO.

Question U. S. Taxes on Worldwide Income

Some of you guys have been discussing high U.S. tax rates on the American Politics thread. As we all know, such taxes are generally applicable to your worldwide income.

So what would you do - transfer the money to Switzerland or the Caymans? Buy some apartments in Buenos Aires? Transfer all the funds to the USA and pay the IRS 400 grand? Other?

Posting Limitations