Thread: Trayvon Martin - George Zimmerman

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by DavieW
    Out of every 100 cries of "Racism" you hear, 99 are motivated by nothing other than politics. IMHO.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Punter 127 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny12  [View Original Post]
    "90% of white ppl are nasty. [I] HATE THEM"
    Judging by the majority of the posters on this thread, he's right, and has every reason to!
    Never seen so much nasty, horrible, racist drivel in my entire life. Now I understand why nobody ever says anything when TL spouts his hate-filled tirades about 'indians'...this place is populated almost entirely by racist bigots and it took this thread for them all to crawl out of the woodwork and show their true colours!

Enforce the Law

Quote Originally Posted by Esten  [View Original Post]
    T

If New York can have these laws, so can Oklahoma.
    Why does not New York enforce the laws on the books? New laws only distract from the fact that we do no enforce existing laws. Oklahoma has less gun crime per capita, and fewer homicides per capita than New York. But I forgot-most of the New York homicides are black on black, so we do not read about them in the rest of the USA.

Tres3.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tres3 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelganger  [View Original Post]
    Esten, of your list of 10 items you allege Oklahoma does not have items 1 through 4 and 10 are covered by your beloved Federal Government.
    Ten Key State Laws That Curb Illegal Gun Trafficking
    (ref. www.tracetheguns.org)
    Oklahoma has 0 of 10 laws
    New York has 10 of 10 laws

If New York can have these laws, so can Oklahoma.

This only makes the point that when you criminalize gun ownership only criminals will have guns.
    These laws don't criminalize guns, and that's not what's being discussed.

Poverty Pimps

Quote Originally Posted by Tres3  [View Original Post]
    Where are Revs. Sharpton and Jackson when we need them?

Tres3
    "THE POVERTY PIMPS' POEM.

Let us celebrate the poor.
    Let us hawk them door to door.
    There's a market for their pain.
    Votes and glory and money to gain.
    Let us celebrate the poor.
    Their ills, their sins, their faulty diction.
    Flavor our songs and spice our fiction.
    Their hopes and struggles and agonies.
    Get us grants and consulting fees.
    Celebrate thugs and clowns.
    Give their ignorance all renown.
    Celebrate what holds them down.
    In our academic gowns.
    Let us celebrate the poor."

They give pimps a bad name.

Don B

Wrong Color Killing for Media Parade

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny12  [View Original Post]
    Jackson as usual is ahead of the pack. After his post it came out that James Edwards, one of the three boys, was indeed trying to reduce the potential for another racist Zimmerman-style murder, by reducing the number of white people:

[URL]

Where are Revs. Sharpton and Jackson when we need them?

Tres3

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    Possibly what happened here is that the three little boys, taking time off from their studies, yet terrified of another potential, racist Zimmerman-style murder, were practicing their shooting skills when this unfortunate cracker inadvertently ran into one of their bullets.
    Jackson as usual is ahead of the pack. After his post it came out that James Edwards, one of the three boys, was indeed trying to reduce the potential for another racist Zimmerman-style murder, by reducing the number of white people:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/the-m...-chris-lane/#4

For those of you who are not street wise or hip, "wood" in the link above is a derogatory name for a white person. So Edwards says he "knocced out 5 [white people] since Zimmerman Court!"

If there's still any doubt in your mind that Edwards hates white people:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/the-m...-chris-lane/#7

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny12 For This Post:

Your Beloved Federal Government

Oklahoma has 0 of 10 laws:
    - Allows Criminal Penalties for Buying a Gun for Someone who Can't
    - Allows Criminal Penalties for Buying a Gun with False Information
    - Allows Criminal Penalties for Selling a Gun without a Proper Background Check
    - Requires Background Checks for all Handgun Sales at Gun Shows
    - Requires Purchase Permit for All Handgun Sales
    - Grants Law Enforcement Discretion in Issuing Concealed Carry Permits
    - Prohibits Violent Misdemeanor Criminals from Possessing Guns
    - Requires Reporting Lost or Stolen Guns to Law Enforcement
    - Allows Local Communities to Enact Gun Laws
    - Allows Inspections of Gun Dealers
    Esten, of your list of 10 items you allege Oklahoma does not have items 1 through 4 and 10 are covered by your beloved Federal Government. As for the rest of your wish list, it's only going to happen in your dreams.

It is a fact the kids in Oklahoma did not purchase their guns from any licensed dealer nor at a gun show. This only makes the point that when you criminalize gun ownership only criminals will have guns.

I did notice you omitted any mention of the 71 year old home owner who shot and killed an escape convict who had invaded his home and took he and his 65 year old wife hostage. I would suppose that couple should have been sacrificed on your alter of no guns. By the way the escape convict had a pistol. Think he got it at a gun show?

Quote Originally Posted by Tres3  [View Original Post]
    Enforcement, not laws deters crime with guns.

Tres3.
    I agree enforcement is the key. Many people (mostly leftwing progressives) are hell bent for leather when it comes to passing new laws, but when it comes to enforcement they're mostly talk. It's ludicrous to think new laws would help when we don't enforce the laws we have now, as Tres3 points out laws alone are not a deterrent.

Many of the 10 suggested laws for Oklahoma are already covered by federal law and many of the other are a ridicules waste of time and money. A call for states to pass laws duplicating federal laws or ridicules unneeded laws demonstrates wacky, imbecilic progressivism in action.

But again I will ask which of these proposed laws would have prevented this shooting?

Oklahoma gun laws non-existent

We need more enforcement AND more gun laws. The current loopholes allowing criminals and the mentally unstable to legally purchase guns without a background check are an abomination. We don't need to enforce these loopholes, we need to close them.

Listen to the latest ploy from the NRA apologists and their right wing propaganda websites: "Oklahoma Shooting Suspects Too Young to Possess Guns Legally". Oh OK I guess the argument stops there! There's simply nothing that can be done. Right! Unless their answer is more guns. Yes, that's it, more guns! LMAO!! As are the gun manufacturer execs who are laughing all the way to the bank.

Oklahoma is in fact deficient in many laws that help curb gun trafficking. Go to www.tracetheguns.org and click on Oklahoma. It looks like getting a gun is probably as easy as buying bubblegum in Oklahoma.

- Allows Criminal Penalties for Buying a Gun for Someone who Can't
    - Allows Criminal Penalties for Buying a Gun with False Information
    - Allows Criminal Penalties for Selling a Gun without a Proper Background Check
    - Requires Background Checks for all Handgun Sales at Gun Shows
    - Requires Purchase Permit for All Handgun Sales
    - Grants Law Enforcement Discretion in Issuing Concealed Carry Permits
    - Prohibits Violent Misdemeanor Criminals from Possessing Guns
    - Requires Reporting Lost or Stolen Guns to Law Enforcement
    - Allows Local Communities to Enact Gun Laws
    - Allows Inspections of Gun Dealers

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    race grievance industry agitators and news media presstitutes
    Did you make these up, I just want to know who I'm stealing the second one from when I use it.

Gun Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Punter127  [View Original Post]
    [b]

Attachment 28843
    Which of your proposed new gun laws would have prevented this shooting?
    Enforcement, not laws deters crime with guns. The USA, and other countries, should take a lesson from Singapore where laws are enforced.

Tres3.

Oklahoma Shooting Suspects Too Young to Possess Guns Legally

Click image for larger version

Name:	Oklahoma Suspects.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	28843

We simply have way too many guns in the wrong hands. The people in Australia get it. Former deputy prime minister Tim Fischer, is telling people to stay away from America:
    I wouldn't put a lot of stock in what Tim Fisher has to say, Australia has already disarmed their citizens.

While Australian politician Tim Fischer reacts to the murder of baseball player Chris Lane by blasting the NRA for fighting expanded background checks, he overlooks that the alleged shooters were in breach of state law by possessing guns in the first place and were not capable of passing national background checks already on the books.

Thus, what good would more laws barring these individual from possessing guns have accomplished?

Oklahoma law states that an individual "must be 18 years of age to possess any weapon, except rifles or shotguns used in education, hunting, or sport." Yet the two teens charged with first degree murder in Lane's death were only 15 and 16 years old.

The Daily Mail reports that James Edwards, the 15-year old, ran into trouble with the law in the past, according to his father.

A third teen allegedly involved in the murder was "charged with the use of a vehicle while a weapon was discharged and [for] accessory after the fact of first degree murder." The third teen was only 17.

In addition to violating Oklahoma's law on possession of a firearm, individuals 15, 16, or 17 could never pass the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) in place now. The NICS system has been in place since Bill Clinton's presidency.

Yet none of these laws deterred the individuals allegedly involved in this crime. And the lesson for us is that laws do not deter those intent on committing crime.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...y-Possess-Guns
    Which of your proposed new gun laws would have prevented this shooting?

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Don't lump Obama and Holder in with Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. The latter are colorful characters on the left, but not representative of Democrats in general. Just like folks like Palin and Bachmann are colorful but not representative of Republicans in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by RcCollins  [View Original Post]
    It's a wonderful thing when we paint an entire group with the same brush. Are black conservatives and republicans reprehensible dividers too?
    You're both right, and thus I'll modify my rant to request a response from only the same race grievance industry agitators and news media presstitutes that were so involved in stoking the flames of emotion in the the Zimmerman case.

Jax.

Quote Originally Posted by TodoJetLag  [View Original Post]
    One thing that was not reported nationally but locally was is that Travon assaulted a bus driver the day before for not letting him ride for free.
    Interesting post. Thanks. But re the above quoted part of your post ... Can you reference any local media's web site which reported this? My Google searches got some hits but not for any local media web sites.

Also I'd think that the defense would have wanted to bring that up in court. But they must not have because it would certainly have made national news. (I hope!) Did local media report any attempt by the defense to introduce the assault? Has the bus driver's name appeared anywhere?

Thanks, Bob.

Posting Limitations