Thread: Airport Taxi Services

+ Submit Report
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

I'm sure there was more

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy  [View Original Post]
    For years I thought it was "Daddy Ruiz" as well. But no,"Daddy RULZ". Slightly heartening to know that I'm not the only one to make the mistake.
    When I originally signed up during the Jurassic period, I wanted Daddyrulz all one word but Our benevolent dictator Jax the first of his name insisted on the split. It's an homage to my skater days.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Star  [View Original Post]
    For years I thought it was "Daddy Ruiz" as well. But no,"Daddy RULZ". Slightly heartening to know that I'm not the only one to make the mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz  [View Original Post]
    Is the pick up more than the drop off due to parking and the posibility of waiting? Just wondering is all?
    Daddy Rulz,

We ask more for for the pickups for several reasons, we have to leave earlier to make sure we are on time, we generally get into the terminal right after the plane lands, then wait, this morning I waited almost 2 hours for the guests to clear customs, and we include parking in the fare. (I had to pay 40 pesos parking) We also have to block out a lot of time in our schedule, becuase of the possiblility of flight delays. We also ask less to go to EZE, because sometimes it is getting us to where we need to be for a pickup. For example this Sunday morning (no traffic) I left Recoleta at about 7:30am for a pickup, it is 10:30 now and just got to the Hilton, still have to drive home. (I am killing time now as I offered to take the guests to the San Telmo Fair free as a courtesy, they are checking in now and freshening up.)

Morning pickups generally take us 3. 5 to 4 hours from start to finish, dropoffs usually take us about 90 minutes to 2 1/2 hours.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Your Best Value in Premium Chauffeured Cars in Buenos Aires

Curiosity only

Mpexy.

No worries, also we only ask $92USD to go back to EZE, so if you are still here, consider us. We would love to have you on board, Park Hyatt asks $165 for an old E Class, so we think we are a good value in the premium market.
    Is the pick up more than the drop off due to parking and the posibility of waiting? Just wondering is all?

Quote Originally Posted by Mpexy  [View Original Post]
    My sincere apologies, just took a look at your site again and it's $132 USD EZE pickup.

Could have sworn when I looked before booking my flight and making Taxi Ezeiza arrangements that I thought it was $200. Obviously I was wrong.

Had I read it correctly, I would have taken your service. My only objection as I noted before wasn't the net price, just the principle of relative difference between LA limos which I also use. Which you explained and to a certain extent I get it. But as a consumer of premium services I got to tell you most people in my niche are going to think the same thing. Doesn't matter why or how, if the local rate is more than back home, and that home is on par with the highest cost of living in the world, the details why kind of get lost at that point.

Although again, since I was mistaken about comparing it to $200 and the real comparison is LA limos charge $150-160, you at $132, I'd be fine with using your service.
    Mpexy.

No worries, also we only ask $92USD to go back to EZE, so if you are still here, consider us. We would love to have you on board, Park Hyatt asks $165 for an old E Class, so we think we are a good value in the premium market.

Give it a Rest

His right to charge whatever he wants and if he can get it, god bless him. Capitalism at it's finest.
    You are so right, Mpxey. If someone wants to pay what Fred asks, more power to Fred. No one is holding a gun to the head of someone who wants to pay less. Fred must be carrying some passengers because he has been in business for four years.

Give it a rest. Find something better to do with your time, like fuck a chica.

The naysayers on this thread remind me of the pussy police. Should we call them the "Transportation to / from EZE police"?

Tres3

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tres3 For This Post:

Mpexy.

Also our EZE fares are nowhere near the $200USD mark, much lower.

www.silverstarcar.com
    My sincere apologies, just took a look at your site again and it's $132 USD EZE pickup.

Could have sworn when I looked before booking my flight and making Taxi Ezeiza arrangements that I thought it was $200. Obviously I was wrong.

Had I read it correctly, I would have taken your service. My only objection as I noted before wasn't the net price, just the principle of relative difference between LA limos which I also use. Which you explained and to a certain extent I get it. But as a consumer of premium services I got to tell you most people in my niche are going to think the same thing. Doesn't matter why or how, if the local rate is more than back home, and that home is on par with the highest cost of living in the world, the details why kind of get lost at that point.

Although again, since I was mistaken about comparing it to $200 and the real comparison is LA limos charge $150-160, you at $132, I'd be fine with using your service.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead  [View Original Post]
    But your argument is that you have to charge more than a similar service in LA because you have to pay US taxes. The guy in LA is paying federal and state income tax AND the self-employment tax (which effectively works out to a little over 13% when all is said and done). The argument is spurious.

As far as a large, safe vehicle with plenty of luggage space is concerned, I rather like the Manuel Tienda Leóand in those two areas. They speak English too.
    The fact that I have to pay US tax (on top of Argentine Tax) is only one part of the equation, please reread my last post entirely.

As far as a large, safe vehicle with plenty of luggage space is concerned, I rather like the Manuel Tienda Leóand in those two areas. They speak English too.
    Plus you might be sitting next to some hot little piece on her way back from vacations in the US. It hasn't happened to me but I know of one case.

Have you ever heard of self employment tax? It is 15. 3% of net profit, and is not subject to the 92,000 deduction.
    But your argument is that you have to charge more than a similar service in LA because you have to pay US taxes. The guy in LA is paying federal and state income tax AND the self-employment tax (which effectively works out to a little over 13% when all is said and done). The argument is spurious.

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    There is an accident involving bodily injury every 52 seconds in BA!

You are 6 times more likely to die in a car wreck in BA than in Houston, Tx.

And yes, they don't want to replace the bulbs!

MORONS!

TL
    I would like to know where you get your numbers from TL. The INDEC? A bodily injury every 52 seconds would add up to around 1500 a day. There are about 1000 accidents with injuries a MONTH in BA and there are about 200 deaths a YEAR. There were 3, 071 deaths in the State of Texas in 2009 (which was considered their lowest in decades). Though I don't know how many of these deaths were in Huston. The worst years in Buenos Aires was 1993 and 1994 where there were 468 and 455 deaths in road traffic accidents but the next year 1995 they were down again to 195. The population of the city of BA (3 million) plus the greater Buenos Aires is somewhere around 13 million and the population of Huston is 2 million with a total of 6 million if you count the metropolitan area. Of course, I'm not taking into consideration the amount of accidents per driven mile.

So TL, don't just talk any bullshit that comes into your mind just for the sake of posting.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aqualung For This Post:

Except that if you are a US citizen living in Argentina, the first $92,900 (for 2011; this is indexed to inflation) of net business income is exempt from federal taxation. That also means it's exempt from state taxation in most (but not all) states. So forget that reason. Nice try, though.
    Have you ever heard of self employment tax? It is 15. 3% of net profit, and is not subject to the 92,000 deduction.

Except that if you are a US citizen living in Argentina, the first $92,900 (for 2011; this is indexed to inflation) of net business income is exempt from federal taxation. That also means it's exempt from state taxation in most (but not all) states. So forget that reason. Nice try, though.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dickhead For This Post:

Have mostly used taxi ezeiza myself as well, but did use Ana Luna back in the day. 2005-2008, for a couple pickups and returns.

Forgot what she exactly charged but with tip I ended up always giving her $100 USD. Course, the value at least I found with her wasn't just the ride but the monger friendly conversation on ride in / out.

Don't know the guy but if Fred's stated target niche is first class passengers, his $200 price really isn't an issue. Pocket change compared to the flight. However just my opinion, but irrespective ability to pay any given price point, even in a far higher cost of living area like Los Angeles a first class limo transfer / pickup would only run $150-160 for a comparable time / distance.

When I looked at his website before arriving this trip, that's basically what I took a pass on. His right to charge whatever he wants and if he can get it, god bless him. Capitalism at it's finest. Just for me I figured paying more in Argentina for same or better service I'd get in California seemed odd.
    Mpexy.

Thanks for the intelligent post. The reason why the fares in Buenos Aires for a chauffeured premium car service are not the same as Los Angeles is because Buenos Aires is not Los Angeles! A New Toyota Camry here stickers at a whopping $61K USD, fuel is 20% more expensive, spare parts are sky high, and traffic here makes LA look like child's play. (I was just in LA and loved to drive there compared to here) Becuase of all of these unique dynamics is where our requested fares come from. Since we are very serious about keeping our excellent repuation

Of punctuality, we have to leave much earlier than in LA, and we don't have the advantages and efficiency of being a larger company.

The fact that Buenos Aires is cheap on some things does not hold true for the luxury car business unfortunately. To top it all off, we also file and pay US taxes, since I'm a citizen. My Citroen C6 Exclusive originally sold here for about 80K USD. Also our EZE fares are nowhere near the $200USD mark, much lower.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

You pays your money and you takes your choice!

When traveling alone I get the number 8 bus. AR$2. 50.

My next trip will be with my 4 year old son. I'll probably give Fred a call.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to DavieW For This Post:

+ Submit Report
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Posting Limitations