Thread: Airport Taxi Services

+ Submit Report
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Have mostly used taxi ezeiza myself as well, but did use Ana Luna back in the day, 2005-2008, for a couple pickups and returns.

Forgot what she exactly charged but with tip I ended up always giving her $100 USD. Course, the value at least I found with her wasn't just the ride but the monger friendly conversation on ride in / out.

Don't know the guy but if Fred's stated target niche is first class passengers, his ~$200 price really isn't an issue. Pocket change compared to the flight. However just my opinion, but irrespective ability to pay any given price point, even in a far higher cost of living area like Los Angeles a first class limo transfer / pickup would only run $150-160 for a comparable time / distance.

When I looked at his website before arriving this trip, that's basically what I took a pass on. His right to charge whatever he wants and if he can get it, god bless him. Capitalism at it's finest. Just for me I figured paying more in Argentina for same or better service I'd get in California seemed odd.

Hey guys I was just down, and as allways I take taxi ezeiza and I never had a problem about, tail gating, speeding issues

And yes I paid $198 from the airport to capital and I allways call them for the return trip, and allways on time. This past time he came 15 minutes early and waited till I went out. And the ride back is less expensive its $160. And this time down I took 8 big bags and 2 roller boards, had to get 2 cars, one for us and the other for the bags, and no problem. I got an exchange rate at $ 6.30 to one buck

Taxi eze gets my vote for the money and the service. I won't change them

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Meforu 2000 For This Post:

Lmao!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Star  [View Original Post]
    Dude man, check out the fares the Park Hyatt asks, and you will see we are a bargain in the premium hired car market! Last I checked they were getting $30US more than us for an older E Class Mercedes, and we ask less than their Chrysler 300, that is getting old now, plus we speak English and they generally don't. So please get real, wake up and compare apples to apples, not oranges. We are the best price and do a better job the the 5 Star Hotels, so, please be real when you critique a service you have never taken advantage of and are probably too cheap to use anyway. You must not have been the livery business (it shows) What we do well, is provide a better premium service for less, and that's why we have been in business since 09. Dude, please get real and don't expect a hired car service to ever compete on price relative to taxis anywhere in the world, but especially here, where we are competing with vehicles that run on natural gas (very cheap) and where imported luxury cars cost an arm and a leg due to taxes and high registration fees. If you want to take a cheap taxi, please do, but stop your wild fantasy of expecting us to compete on price when it is totally impossible! Please keep it real, I'm living here in the real world trying to survive by being the best for less, it's not easy and it takes a lot of work to get it right.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com
    You kill me fredo! I don't care who pays gringo bullshit rates for a 30 minute car ride! When you start comparing yourself to outrageous hotel rates in ba you make my point! This board is about minimizing gringo pricing in Argentina, not promoting them! It's not that I am too cheap fred, what nonsense is that. Do you pay 3x the price for lomo in ba because it comes delivered to you in a town car. Your arguments about safety and ba airport transfers are just horse shit fear mongering. Getting to recoleta safely has nothing to do with using your gringo service, been doing it for years without an issue. Just like 3320 posted. Your service adds nothing but extravagence to the 30 minute cab ride. It's not about safety or anything else. Don't get your panties in a knott. Good luck with your goofy business model. Maybe you should vertically integrate if you get my drift. Enough for today's lesson. Mongering on fredo. Toymann

Quote Originally Posted by Toymann  [View Original Post]
    I have no issue with those that use you Fred. That said, your prices are totally retarded relative to the market of getting from eze to town. Your business model may work for you but please never use reasonable in the same sentence when you talk about your rates. Your service is an extravagance that some may elect to pay for but not many. It costs 180 pesos max from eze to town. That's 30 bucks at today's blue rate. Your rate is three times that dude! Extragant yes, reasonable no! No issue with those that use you, just trying to keep it real. Mongering on toymann
    Dude man, check out the fares the Park Hyatt asks, and you will see we are a bargain in the premium hired car market! Last I checked they were getting $30US more than us for an older E Class Mercedes, and we ask less than their Chrysler 300, that is getting old now, plus we speak English and they generally don't. So please get real, wake up and compare apples to apples, not oranges. We are the best price and do a better job the the 5 Star Hotels, so, please be real when you critique a service you have never taken advantage of and are probably too cheap to use anyway. You must not have been the livery business (it shows) What we do well, is provide a better premium service for less, and that's why we have been in business since 09. Dude, please get real and don't expect a hired car service to ever compete on price relative to taxis anywhere in the world, but especially here, where we are competing with vehicles that run on natural gas (very cheap) and where imported luxury cars cost an arm and a leg due to taxes and high registration fees. If you want to take a cheap taxi, please do, but stop your wild fantasy of expecting us to compete on price when it is totally impossible! Please keep it real, I'm living here in the real world trying to survive by being the best for less, it's not easy and it takes a lot of work to get it right.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Give me a break Fred!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Star  [View Original Post]
    Hi #3320.

Thanks for your business advice. We are actually priced quite reasonably for the quality of car and service we provide (Check out the fares that the Park Hyatt charges for similar service, and you will see what I'm talking about) We are more for those that are staying at the top hotels, executives and premium travelers who fly 1st class and those that want to be in car fit for a President, not a Honda Fit. At SilverStar, our goal from the beginning is to be the best, not the biggest. But ask less than the 5 Star Hotels. We do not in any way compete (and are not trying to) on price with cheap, tiny taxis, just like Outback Steakhouse does not compete (and can't) compete on price with McDonalds. Unfortunately, many Argentine taxi drivers here (I see it everyday) tailgate, speed excessively, weave in and out, don't use turn signals, cut people off, make left hand turns from the right hand lane and drive with their lights off at night. (All possibly with you stuck and helpless in the subcompact car) The fact that most Argentines haven't had formal driver education really shows here in the streets! We wanted to offer something unique and better for those who understand our pricing will not be the same as a taxi. It's not uncommon for us to get booking for rides back to EZE from those that had wanted to save money on the way in, but had a horrible cab experience at EZE.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

A better way to get to and from EZE Since 2009
    I have no issue with those that use you Fred. That said, your prices are totally retarded relative to the market of getting from eze to town. Your business model may work for you but please never use reasonable in the same sentence when you talk about your rates. Your service is an extravagance that some may elect to pay for but not many. It costs 180 pesos max from eze to town. That's 30 bucks at today's blue rate. Your rate is three times that dude! Extragant yes, reasonable no! No issue with those that use you, just trying to keep it real. Mongering on toymann

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Toymann For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Member #3320  [View Original Post]
    Fred,

We respect your business strategy and your professional attitude.

You have driven me once. I know, you are a nice guy.

But I honestly feel you are OVERPRICED, dude!

Irrespective of the fact that you may drive a superior car with airbags, do not do tailgating and may speak in chaste English!

Your deals are ""unreasonable"". (If I was in your position, I would get normal cars, hire drivers, price lower than Taxi Ezeiza, advertise on all Argentina / expat forums and have a thriving competetion to Taxi Ezeiza.) But alas! Such is not the case, unfortuately!

I urge newbies reading this forum to take your services only if they are coming to South America for the first time ever or if coming with children etc and are too nervous! Else for all other newbies, I will suggest to avoid your expensive services. They should take "taxi ezeiza" at 198 pesos (roughly us$ 30 ONLY)! The balance money (what they would spend to avail your services, can be spent on a nice fuck on arrival)

www.taxiezeiza.com.ar/

Taxi Ezeiza is absolutely secure. Drivers are trained, polite, helpful. They do not try to con you or sell you anything. You will reach your destination safe and sound even if you do not speak a sigle word of Spanish. Cars are safe. Your baggage is safe. NOTHING will happen to you barring Force Majeure!
    Hi #3320.

Thanks for your business advice. We are actually priced quite reasonably for the quality of car and service we provide (Check out the fares that the Park Hyatt charges for similar service, and you will see what I'm talking about) We are more for those that are staying at the top hotels, executives and premium travelers who fly 1st class and those that want to be in car fit for a President, not a Honda Fit. At SilverStar, our goal from the beginning is to be the best, not the biggest. But ask less than the 5 Star Hotels. We do not in any way compete (and are not trying to) on price with cheap, tiny taxis, just like Outback Steakhouse does not compete (and can't) compete on price with McDonalds. Unfortunately, many Argentine taxi drivers here (I see it everyday) tailgate, speed excessively, weave in and out, don't use turn signals, cut people off, make left hand turns from the right hand lane and drive with their lights off at night. (All possibly with you stuck and helpless in the subcompact car) The fact that most Argentines haven't had formal driver education really shows here in the streets! We wanted to offer something unique and better for those who understand our pricing will not be the same as a taxi. It's not uncommon for us to get booking for rides back to EZE from those that had wanted to save money on the way in, but had a horrible cab experience at EZE.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

A better way to get to and from EZE Since 2009

Fred,

We respect your business strategy and your professional attitude.

You have driven me once. I know, you are a nice guy.

But I honestly feel you are OVERPRICED, dude!

Irrespective of the fact that you may drive a superior car with airbags, do not do tailgating and may speak in chaste English!

Your deals are ""unreasonable"". ( If I was in your position, I would get normal cars, hire drivers , price lower than Taxi Ezeiza, advertise on all argentina /expat forums and have a thriving competetion to Taxi Ezeiza.) But alas! Such is not the case, unfortuately!

I urge newbies reading this forum to take your services only if they are coming to South America for the first time ever or if coming with children etc and are too nervous! Else for all other newbies, I will suggest to avoid your expensive services. They should take "taxi ezeiza" at 198 pesos (roughly us$ 30 ONLY)! The balance money ( what they would spend to avail your services, can be spent on a nice fuck on arrival)

www.taxiezeiza.com.ar/

Taxi Ezeiza is absolutely secure. Drivers are trained, polite, helpful. They do not try to con you or sell you anything. You will reach your destination safe and sound even if you do not speak a sigle word of Spanish. Cars are safe. Your baggage is safe. NOTHING will happen to you barring Force Majeure!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Member #3320 For This Post:

Accidents in BA

Quote Originally Posted by SunSeeker  [View Original Post]
    They do the same thing in Rio! Best answer I got was so he didn't have to replace the bulbs, another one so he didn't use as much electricity from his battery.
    There is an accident involving bodily injury every 52 seconds in BA!

You are 6 times more likely to die in a car wreck in BA than in Houston, Tx.

And yes, they don't want to replace the bulbs!

MORONS!

TL

SunSeeker,

I was referring more to the Black and Yellow Cabs at EZE, that often use Fiat Palios and Chevy Corsas, with rock hard cloth seats and no airbags both- a sub sub compact cars. Microcompact was indeed a stretch, thanks for calling me on that. (I just tried to edit my post but couldn't) Taxi EZE uses Honda Fits in their fleet, so that is for sure subcompact. Our Citroen C6 Exclusive is a full size sedan with about the same interior room as a Mercedes S Class with a silky smooth hydraulic ride, reclining rear heated seats, rear climate control and airbags everywhere, with Xenon directional headlamps vs a cab driver that may not even turn his lights on. I often do see Taxi EZE drivers tailgating and weaving in and out at high speeds on the highway. SilverStar is for those who want a VIP / Executive ride, for less than the 5 Star Hotels. We drive in a professional, reasonable and prudent manner, unlike many of the uneducated taxi drivers here.

If anyone knows how I can edit my past thread, I'd like to change microcompact to subcompact.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

For those who prefer a premium car vs a subcompact car

Got back in BA this morning. Took an EZEIZA taxi for $198 pesos, EZE airport to Palermo. Nice sized vehicle, definitely not a "microcompact fiat", professional acting driver, took about 35-40 minutes to arrive at my door.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SunSeeker For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Member #3320  [View Original Post]
    Amigo Bob, great to see you back posting! Your postings were missed!

Taxi Ezieza works GREAT! Anybody here who condemns "TE" is bonkers. Even if you are first time in BA, do NOT hesitate to use taxi Ezeiza.

Like Bob says, the driver lifts your bags. I doubt Silver star will "stoop" to such levels!

I used Silver Star once, many years ago. No complaints but why pay 3 times the price unless your company is paying it or you have too much money to burn, and want to get rid of it asap.
    3320:

Thanks for taking advantage of SilverStar Transfers and Tours in the past, we really appreciate the opportunity to serve you. As far as luggage goes, we generally like to carry a bag or 2 for you on the way out, and load the trunk gently ourselves. We also like to provide ice cold water at no extra charge, so our guests can hydrate after a long, grueling flight. Other SilverStar advantages are we speak English just like you do, and can suggest cool things to do on the way, we also have the fast pass for the toll lanes, this can shave off up to 10 minutes per trip, giving you more time to enjoy yourself here. Our guests also won't have to worry about the fuss and hassle, and possible delay of getting a cab (especially at AEP) , once you come out and clear customs and do meet and greet, you will be on your way to your destination. SilverStar is designed for those premium travelers who want the quality, comfort and convienence of a 5 Star Hotel Car, but without the ripoff 5 Star hotel prices. Our Presidential Citroen C6 Exclusive has more room than an E Class Mercedes and rides better too! Our cars are also airbag equipped, unlike most of the airport cabs that do not have airbags, putting you at a greater risk of injury.

Of course we are not trying to and we never can compete on price alone with a microcompact Fiat taxi, but we can provide a better car and driver at a lower fare than the 5 Star hotels. At SilverStar our goal is to provide the best possible car service at the lowest possible cost. If you are merely looking at fares, we will not be your best option of course. If however you are looking for a premium car and driver for less $, then SilverStar is a slam dunk.

And thanks to all of you who have taken advantage of SilverStar. We have been serving you for close to 4 years now.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

For those who want better than a tiny and uncomfortable cab in Buenos Aires

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz  [View Original Post]
    Dude why do they drive with their fucking lights off? Up in Corrientes people driving motos drive on the Routas in the country at night with no lights. A guy up there told me it's because you get better gas milege with your lights off. Nobody can be that stupid.
    They do the same thing in Rio! Best answer I got was so he didn't have to replace the bulbs, another one so he didn't use as much electricity from his battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead  [View Original Post]
    Obviously your headlamp bulbs will last much longer if you never turn them on. On the other hand, the Argies probably lose back that gain by driving with their four-ways on so much. In Bolivia they told me they didn't need headlights because they were Indians and could see in the dark. The idea of BEING seen never really entered the picture.
    Once I was driving from Formosa back to Corrientes, it was late, maybe 2300 along Rta 12. I was doing not much over the posted speed of 100 when out of the dark appears a moto, right in the middle of the fucking road with Mom, Dad, and two kids, without a single light on. I had to take the shoulder (which in this case means the grass next to the road because there was no fucking shoulder) to not hit them. Lucky for me there was no ditch, cows, pigs, or horses next to the road. Had I hit them I would have killed them all, and without question would have done some time inside for it. Up in Corrientes families get killed every week like that. I was amazed that in my 7 months there I never saw any carnage in front of me. Only about 10% of the intersections are controled and they would just drive strait through a blind one, in the rain, without ever bothering to look.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz  [View Original Post]
    Dude why do they drive with their fucking lights off? Up in Corrientes people driving motos drive on the Routas in the country at night with no lights. A guy up there told me it's because you get better gas milege with your lights off. Nobody can be that stupid.
    Obviously your headlamp bulbs will last much longer if you never turn them on. On the other hand, the Argies probably lose back that gain by driving with their four-ways on so much. In Bolivia they told me they didn't need headlights because they were Indians and could see in the dark. The idea of BEING seen never really entered the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Miami Bob  [View Original Post]
    The driver lift the bags. The cars are always very clean. Some drive fast, some slow. They always will wait with me in the street while apartment agent is coming I always feel like they deserve a tip for good service. The dispatcher to arrange returns to the airport sometimes will play games to try to avoid the website promotional price of 160 pesos-I reported on this last year.

For returns a quality radio taxi service like as-4639 9999- or paris works well and is a bit less money, guessing at 10%

Remember silver star for groups. The little cars are good for a max of 2 with luggage
    Amigo Bob, great to see you back posting! Your postings were missed!

Taxi Ezieza works GREAT! Anybody here who condemns "TE" is bonkers. Even if you are first time in BA, do NOT hesitate to use taxi Ezeiza.

Like Bob says, the driver lifts your bags. I doubt Silver star will "stoop" to such levels!

I used Silver Star once, many years ago. No complaints but why pay 3 times the price unless your company is paying it or you have too much money to burn, and want to get rid of it asap.

+ Submit Report
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Posting Limitations