Thread: Airport Taxi Services

+ Submit Report
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Kurty  [View Original Post]
    Hello, Guys,

How much should someone expect to pay for a Taxi ride from EZE to Puerto Madero / Microcentro?

No needs of fancy cars, only reliable driver.

Thanks.
    Search the board. Prices, options, etc for every need from custom pickup in towncar to standard reserved or walkup remise companies to hailing a no name cab right outside the terminal.

There's not only wealth of info via search but its easy, been discussed over and over with fresh updates

Taxi / Transfer from EZE to Puerto Madero / Microcentro

Hello, Guys,

How much should someone expect to pay for a Taxi ride from EZE to Puerto Madero / Microcentro?

No needs of fancy cars, only reliable driver.

Thanks.

IMO some of you are being too harsh on SilverStar. Hiring a Lincoln Town Car is not the same as taking a cab.

I booked a Lincoln Town Car through Dial 7 in NYC two weeks ago. From LaGuardia to Manhattan. Fare was 65 USD + tolls + 20 percent "gratitude", ended up around 95 USD, i.e. similar to SilverStar's prices. And the LaGuardia to Manhattan trip is much shorter than the EZE to Cap Federal trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Miami Bob  [View Original Post]
    Fred is the cheapest legitimate limo service serving eze.

If you want legit taxi or car service for three people with check-on luggage,

Fred is cost effective even for cheapos like me.

There are in every major city criminals who try to lure foreigners with the lost look on their faces into cars. In miami where I live it happens. The established licensed taxi / car services at eze.

Have little risk to none of foul play. Legit radio taxi's in Ba, in my limited experience, are safer than average looking world wide. Current economic conditions might change my opinion as I don't spend as much time now as I did a few years ago.

Please don't break fred's balls unless he gives a real reason to do so. I have never used his business, I AM CHEAP. Fred has gone out of his way to be helpful and pleasant providing locale knowledge and INTERESTING CONVERSATION THE TIMES I HAVE MET HIM IN PERSON OR BY PM ON THIS SITE.

My two cent, not worth a nickel
    Cost effective or not is a personal decision. Use or not use Fred, vote with your wallet.

Used Fred because in addition to personable, quality service, and even with good Spanish, nice to know you can make adjustments to pickup on the fly in perfect English. But most of all, simple reliability

When I arrange a pickup, I don't want it 5 min or hour late. Late is late, can't stand it. So for most recent pickup, used Fred to transfer from apartment in recoleta to new apartment in palermo. Because of apartment check out and in scheduled meetings I didn't want a remise that would be Argentina "on time" and be even 10-15min off. I know there has to be some that are absolutely on time, but I was ok with paying a premium to not have to wonder or risk it.

Fred arrived on time and even adjusted half hour before pickup to come earlier as requested because my checkout went faster than expected.

You can debate at tangible levels for cost worth. Is it or is it not. For things like car size, distance, etc and say taxi service X is half price as Fred for doing same distance, same car size, etc and you'd be right to say at least for yourself Fred may not be worth it.

If you factor bit more less defined intangibles like personality, hooker talk and proven reliability. The premium Fred charges is where you have to decide is it worth it or not. I agree BTW that there is too much market pitch about safety issue and safe car from Ezeiza. I'd advise Fred to justify his premium based on service reliability and limo service nature (on the fly tweaks to schedule etc) than the safety pitch

Fred has actually recomended taxi ezeiza, for a market that differs from his own

Fred is the cheapest legitimate limo service serving eze.

If you want legit taxi or car service for three people with check-on luggage,

Fred is cost effective even for cheapos like me.

There are in every major city criminals who try to lure foreigners with the lost look on their faces into cars. In miami where I live it happens. The established licensed taxi / car services at eze.

Have little risk to none of foul play. Legit radio taxi's in Ba, in my limited experience, are safer than average looking world wide. Current economic conditions might change my opinion as I don't spend as much time now as I did a few years ago.

Please don't break fred's balls unless he gives a real reason to do so. I have never used his business, I AM CHEAP. Fred has gone out of his way to be helpful and pleasant providing locale knowledge and INTERESTING CONVERSATION THE TIMES I HAVE MET HIM IN PERSON OR BY PM ON THIS SITE.

My two cent, not worth a nickel

It's a Private Car

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleWrangler  [View Original Post]
    I have seen this and got a photo. Never asked, but may be someone find it's useful.

Attachment 28557
    It's a Private car driven by an unlicensed (no chauffer's license) and maybe uninsured motorist and it's probably a jalopy.

Half price though.

TL

Transportation to EZE for ARS 99

I have seen this and got a photo. Never asked, but may be someone find it's useful.

Click image for larger version

Name:	13102012778.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	28557

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Star  [View Original Post]
    It's infuratiating that you think I said that taxi EZE cons tourists! Never said that, please delete above post and pick on other people.
    I never said that you say such and such. The key word used was "insinuate".

I have no issues with your pricing. In fact, I have used your services once and did not have any problems with you. You are the king of your business and absolutely free to price, work the way you feel like. Nobody has any right to question you.

If at all, their is a problem. It is with your constant ""insinuation"" that newbies coming to BA for the first time, are at some sort of grave risk, if they ""fail to"" avail your services. And that is where this whole issue stirred from.

Yes, in life their is always a risk - at each and every step we take. Their is even a risk when we go to a privado to fuck a girl. Who knows what awaits us, once we are naked inside the privado at mercy of the privado operators. Their is a risk when we get a street hooker to our apartment. Who knows, she might drug us and leave with all our money. Who knows if we will arrive safely once we board a not so well maintained Aero Lineas flight. Who knows what will happen if we walk in a dark street in Micro centro in chase of pussy in middle of the night. Who knows what desease will happen to us , when we decide to fuck a working girl without a condom . Who knows what will happen , should we decide to marry someone. Who knows if we will fall sick, depending on how clean is the food, which we order at the neighborhood restaurant. These are all risks. Each and every step of life is a risk. As is the risk in taking a BA cab either hailing one on the street or one at the airport. But to continuously ""insinuate"" in the minds of a gullible reader preparing for his first ever trip to BA that his trip would be ruined should he fail to avail your services. Thats where the crux of the problem lies!

No one is trying to "beat you" or "pick on you". You are a respected and senior member of this forum. And in real life, you are a nice pleasant man to talk to. All the Best.

Quote Originally Posted by Member #3320  [View Original Post]
    And his constant insinuation that all other cab drivers in BA or services like taxi ezeiza are out to con the tourists. Thats what is infuriating.
    It's infuratiating that you think I said that taxi EZE cons tourists! Never said that, please delete above post and pick on other people.

But we need to be clear, it is well know that some (not all) cab drivers have conned passengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mpexy  [View Original Post]
    Is Jackson going by Jax now?
    LOL don't know I just have always refered to his as Jax here but called him Jackson in person. I never thought of it before

Quote Originally Posted by Member #3320  [View Original Post]
    And his constant insinuation that all other cab drivers in BA or services like taxi ezeiza are out to con the tourists. Thats what is infuriating.
    Nonsense! Not all other cab drivers suck, but some sure do! (I see it everyday in the streets) and The only reason why I have to explain everything is because of the constant attacks and questions, so I answer. If you prefer a cab, or other service, please use it and be happy. Just stop telling me how to run my business and stop beating me up because the service costs more than a taxi. Give me a break!

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead  [View Original Post]
    I don't think it's his business model so much as it is the constant bloviation about the business model.

I don't think it's his business model so much as it is the constant bloviation about the business model.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dickhead For This Post:

Why is evryone getting excited over fred's.silver star-business plan

Bottom line:

-want luxury, pay for it or slip it.

- if traveling with 3 or 4 with luggage, he is cost effect for the price conscious.

-expense accounts, it is justifiable compared to other luxury limo serves/

Let's move on.

QUESTION:

Is Jackson in the house? In BA?

Toyman? I guess you are not in a remote location without internet, with 2 girls and a tackle box?

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz  [View Original Post]
    When I originally signed up during the Jurassic period, I wanted Daddyrulz all one word but Our benevolent dictator Jax the first of his name insisted on the split. It's an homage to my skater days.
    Is Jackson going by Jax now?

+ Submit Report
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Posting Limitations